Southern Water appoints Katy Taylor as new chief customer officer
Southern Water has welcomed Katy Taylor to a newly-created role of chief customer officer.
Her appointment to the role and the Executive Leadership Team is an important step forward in Southern Water's commitment to make significant progress in the service it provides to consumer and commercial customers. She is expected to take up her post in August.
Taylor joins Southern Water from Go-Ahead, the FTSE 250 transport company, where she is Chief Strategy and Customer Officer, responsible for strategy, sustainability, customer experience, corporate affairs, commercial development and marketing.
Prior to Go-Ahead, Taylor worked across a variety of well known financial and professional service firms leading change programmes to deliver growth. She also has extensive experience of leading culture change programmes, reputation strategy, development of climate change strategy and digitisation of customer service and retail channels.
Taylor is non-executive director on the Board of Anchor Hanover, England's largest not-for-profit provider of housing and care for older people. She is also currently Chairman of Ontrack Retail, an ecommerce start-up that builds app and retails tickets for travel.
Taylor has represented the public transport industry at events including parliamentary select committees, and Conservative party conferences and chaired industry-wide committees to drive improvements in customer and diversity.
Ian McAulay, Southern Water CEO, said: "I am delighted she is joining our team and I am confident that as well as driving forward the transformation our customers and business retailer customers deserve, she will ensure they are always at the heart of all our strategic decision making, which is exactly where they should be.
"Katy's appointment is an opportunity to ensure we have the strongest possible focus on customer and developer services satisfaction, two critical measures of our performance. The remit for her role as chief customer officer has absolute focus on this critical area of our business where further improvements are still needed."
Commenting on her appointment, Taylor said: "I am delighted to be joining the team at Southern Water, to support their journey towards a more customer focussed service. I believe that water, like public transport, is vital to our customers and communities in living healthy, active lives.
"It also has an incredibly important role to play in protecting the environment for future generations. Being able to positively impact the lives of Southern Water's colleagues, customers and communities is a challenge that I very much look forward to beginning."
Taylor's appointment builds from the great work done by Jamie Ford, current Director of Customer and Commercial Services who leaves the company this month.
Ian added: "Jamie has played a key role in our ongoing journey of transformation and leaves with our thanks for his work over the last three years."
- Southern Water lays out plans to cut pollution incidents Southern Water has announced a comprehensive plan that demonstrates its commitment to reducing pollution incidents and... Read More >
- Southern Water uses tankers to fight flooding Southern Water is using tankers to protect sewers and reduce the risk of flooding affecting homes and businesses, after... Read More >
- Southern Water unveils major plans to help keep Hampshire's rivers and taps flowing Southern Water is consulting on plans to pump hundreds of millions of pounds into Hampshire and the Isle of Wight to help... Read More >
- Meet the judges of the Water Industry Awards 2021 WWT chats to some of the judges of the 2021 WIAs, to find out what they are most excited about for this year's awards. Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- Refining water quality management As part of our Utility of the Future campaign, Nadine Buddoo looks at why maintaining water quality is a fundamental... Read More >
- AMP7: putting the customer centre stage 2020 marks the beginnings of a new chapter for clients and contractors in the water industry with the start of AMP7, the... Read More >