Southern selects Tata for customer service overhaul
IT SERVICES consulting and business solutions company Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has been selected by Southern Water to implement a customer services and revenue transformation programme. The programme will combine front and back-end technology deployments with internal process redevelopment.
Southern Water will benefit from enhanced customer service capabilities, improved cash collection and debt management, and will see a reduction in operating expenditure.
Darren Bentham, chief customer officer of Southern Water, said: “At Southern Water, it’s our constant endeavour to improve our customer interactions and deliver a more efficient service.
“The transformational programme TCS is delivering will support two of our major goals – increase a customer’s ability to find a solution through self-service channels, and empower our teams to deliver flawless service with first time resolution.
“Southern Water supplies water across some 4,450km2, and TCS has provided us with a roadmap for more flexible and efficient service delivery within this extensive area. Our customers will benefit from a highly consistent experience over web, mobile and interactive voice response channels.
“They will also find our customer service teams to be some of the best-informed and proactive in the industry.”
The CRM system that TCS is deploying for Southern Water will help in the drive to provide industry-leading customer services, while data governance and analysis tools deliver better intelligence back into the business. With an increase in operational efficiency and an updated billing system, Southern Water will be able to improve its revenue management.
Stuart Ravens, principal analyst, Energy & Utilities Sector at Ovum, said: “To win this contract, TCS had to demonstrate deep domain experience and an understanding of Southern Water’s business processes.
“The deal is further evidence of TCS’s ability to win large and complex transformational programs in the utilities industry.”
- 65% want more clarity over water bills - study Almost two-thirds of UK consumers are calling out for greater transparency in how bill payments are spent by water... Read More >
- Ofwat confirms Southern Water will pay £126m following investigation Ofwat has confirmed that Southern Water will pay £126m in penalties and rebates to existing and former wastewater... Read More >
- Southern Water publishes 50-year water resources plan Southern Water has published its Water Resources Management Plan which sets out the company's 50-year plan for ensuring... Read More >
- Moving towards maintenance 4.0 Water utilities need to embrace smart asset management technologies but that is only part of the solution, writes Chris... Read More >
- A data-led approach to clearing FOG Water utilities have a major challenge working with local food businesses to prevent fats, oils and grease entering the... Read More >
- The robots aren't coming... they're already here Stantec lead design engineer Dan Causley looks at advances in technology and their role in boosting productivity in the... Read More >
- Opinion: A smarter way to read the water network Smart metering technology could be the key to closing water companies' knowledge gaps about usage in their network -... Read More >
- Smart thinking: The digital asset management revolution With many of the pieces now in place for a digital asset management revolution, AI and machine learning solutions are set... Read More >