Southern selects Tata for customer service overhaul
IT SERVICES consulting and business solutions company Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has been selected by Southern Water to implement a customer services and revenue transformation programme. The programme will combine front and back-end technology deployments with internal process redevelopment.
Southern Water will benefit from enhanced customer service capabilities, improved cash collection and debt management, and will see a reduction in operating expenditure.
Darren Bentham, chief customer officer of Southern Water, said: “At Southern Water, it’s our constant endeavour to improve our customer interactions and deliver a more efficient service.
“The transformational programme TCS is delivering will support two of our major goals – increase a customer’s ability to find a solution through self-service channels, and empower our teams to deliver flawless service with first time resolution.
“Southern Water supplies water across some 4,450km2, and TCS has provided us with a roadmap for more flexible and efficient service delivery within this extensive area. Our customers will benefit from a highly consistent experience over web, mobile and interactive voice response channels.
“They will also find our customer service teams to be some of the best-informed and proactive in the industry.”
The CRM system that TCS is deploying for Southern Water will help in the drive to provide industry-leading customer services, while data governance and analysis tools deliver better intelligence back into the business. With an increase in operational efficiency and an updated billing system, Southern Water will be able to improve its revenue management.
Stuart Ravens, principal analyst, Energy & Utilities Sector at Ovum, said: “To win this contract, TCS had to demonstrate deep domain experience and an understanding of Southern Water’s business processes.
“The deal is further evidence of TCS’s ability to win large and complex transformational programs in the utilities industry.”
- New ALS Environmental testing laboratory to serve Southern Water Life Sciences company ALS Environmental has officially opened its fourth UK-based in Otterbourne, Hampshire, which will... Read More >
- Thames Water extends Capita's call centre services deal Capita Customer Management has been awarded a five-year contract extension with Thames Water for the provision of call... Read More >
- Government ownership 'hampers' NI Water, says chief exec NI Water's ability to deliver results is being hampered because of its government ownership, according to the company's... Read More >
- Opinion: A smarter way to read the water network Smart metering technology could be the key to closing water companies' knowledge gaps about usage in their network -... Read More >
- Smart thinking: The digital asset management revolution With many of the pieces now in place for a digital asset management revolution, AI and machine learning solutions are set... Read More >
- Networking skills: MUS helps Leeds to smarten up Morrison Utility Services has delivered a groundbreaking smart water network project in Leeds on behalf of Yorkshire Water Read More >
- Opinion: Protecting our water assets against cyber threats It's vital that engineers start to lead the conversation on cyber security for operational technology in the water... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: Waterfall out to make a splash Fitted near a building's stopcock and supplying cloud-based, accessible information about water use, an ‘intelligent water... Read More >