South West Water's robust performance continues
Pennon, parent group of South West Water and Viridor, says its overall financial performance since April 1 this year is in line with management expectations.
In an interim management statement, Pennon said South West Water is continuing its robust performance" against the current 2010-2015 regulatory cycle and "is well placed to outperform its assumptions".
The group said South West Water continues to deliver effective operational performance and high standards of customer service, underpinned by strong financial performance.
South West Water is well prepared for legislative changes and will submit its 2015-2020 business plan to Ofwat in December 2013, said the group.
Pennon Group has also announced the appointment of Ian McAulay as an executive director of its board and chief executive of Viridor with effect from September 9, 2013.
- Scottish Water customer satisfaction hits new heights Scottish Water has reported that customer satisfaction reached its highest ever level last year despite the challenges... Read More >
- South West Water fined after repeat sewage spill South West Water should have done more to prevent history repeating itself when raw sewage spilled onto a popular beach in... Read More >
- Companies failing to address bill concerns - CCWater Water companies are failing to convince enough households their bills are fair and they provide value for money, according... Read More >
- The end of 'business as usual' in the water sector? James Connolly, head of partnerships at digital asset and works management company eviFile, assesses the message coming... Read More >
- Ofwat's assessments keep water companies in check The regulator's initial assessment of water companies' business plans reveals that a tight financial settlement is on the... Read More >
- Ofwat's PR19 assessments: How the industry reacted After Ofwat published its initial assessments of water companies' business plans for 2020-25, we look at the responses... Read More >
- Offsite build powers South East Water's £22M treatment works expansion South East Water's expansion of Bray Keleher Water Treatment Works is in full swing, with offsite manufacture aiding... Read More >
- Comment: Capital Maintenance comes to the fore The tight cost of capital set by Ofwat for PR19 will mean water companies will need to place the emphasis on maintenance... Read More >