Siltbuster and Siltbuster Process Solutions join Selwood Group
Workdry International Ltd, the ultimate holding company of Selwood Ltd, has acquired parts of water treatment specialist Siltbuster Group in a strategic move to consolidate its position as a leading UK water handling provider.
Selwood, based in Hampshire, has a network of 21 pump rental branches around the UK. When combined, Siltbuster and Siltbuster Process Solutions are a top solutions provider for on-site water treatment, wet waste processing and the prevention of waterborne pollution, delivering a range of rapidly deployable solutions for silt management and prevention, control and treatment of water contamination.
The Siltbuster businesses will remain based in Monmouth, Wales, with their 60 employees continuing to work across the UK. The two management teams will now work closely to drive the growth of their water treatment services, and enhance their combined service offerings to the water, environmental and construction industries.
Selwood CEO Chris Garrett said: “This is a major strategic acquisition for Selwood, broadening our offering to the industries we work with and further reinforcing our position as the country’s leading pump rental solutions provider. The Siltbuster businesses are an excellent complement to Selwood’s existing products and service offering. Selwood and Siltbuster are both renowned for exceptional water handling capabilities and, importantly, share a common culture and business ethos based on product quality, innovation and outstanding customer service.”
Siltbuster CEO Dr Richard Coulton, who will continue to lead the Siltbuster businesses, said: “Siltbuster was built on innovation, and in our discussions with Selwood it became clear that Selwood shares our passion for developing and providing innovative full-service solutions.
“We are proud to have become the UK’s leader in this sector and are very excited about building on this position with the benefit of Selwood’s scale, reputation and expertise.”
The acquisition of Siltbuster aligns with Selwood’s strategy of providing a single point of contact solution for pumping and water treatment requirements, backed by its 400-strong team of specialists, comprehensive fleet and branch network. It also enables Siltbuster’s teams to offer Selwood’s pump rental products and expertise alongside its water treatment services.
- New £60M treatment works for Plymouth takes shape Workers building South West Water's new £60M state-of-the-art water treatment works for Plymouth and the surrounding area... Read More >
- EPS and Sisk JV to build treatment works for Irish Water A joint venture between EPS and Sisk Construction has won the contract to design and build the 65,000 population... Read More >
- NI Water completes £4M Caugh Hill WTW project Northern Ireland Water has completed a £4 million investment at Caugh Hill Water Treatment Works outside Dungiven. Read More >
- A glass half-full? Bringing water costs down for utility customers Mark Bullock, Balfour Beatty chief executive officer for rail and utilities, says the water sector must change its... Read More >
- INWED 2019: 'Each step was driven by choosing work I enjoy' To mark International Women in Engineering Day 2019 on 23 June, Fiona Barbour discusses her journey to becoming Mott... Read More >
- Interview: Kier Utilities' water MD Nigel Dyer Kier Utilities' Nigel Dyer tells Robin Hackett how the company is evolving to meet the changing demands on the water... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >