Siltbuster and Siltbuster Process Solutions join Selwood Group
Workdry International Ltd, the ultimate holding company of Selwood Ltd, has acquired parts of water treatment specialist Siltbuster Group in a strategic move to consolidate its position as a leading UK water handling provider.
Selwood, based in Hampshire, has a network of 21 pump rental branches around the UK. When combined, Siltbuster and Siltbuster Process Solutions are a top solutions provider for on-site water treatment, wet waste processing and the prevention of waterborne pollution, delivering a range of rapidly deployable solutions for silt management and prevention, control and treatment of water contamination.
The Siltbuster businesses will remain based in Monmouth, Wales, with their 60 employees continuing to work across the UK. The two management teams will now work closely to drive the growth of their water treatment services, and enhance their combined service offerings to the water, environmental and construction industries.
Selwood CEO Chris Garrett said: “This is a major strategic acquisition for Selwood, broadening our offering to the industries we work with and further reinforcing our position as the country’s leading pump rental solutions provider. The Siltbuster businesses are an excellent complement to Selwood’s existing products and service offering. Selwood and Siltbuster are both renowned for exceptional water handling capabilities and, importantly, share a common culture and business ethos based on product quality, innovation and outstanding customer service.”
Siltbuster CEO Dr Richard Coulton, who will continue to lead the Siltbuster businesses, said: “Siltbuster was built on innovation, and in our discussions with Selwood it became clear that Selwood shares our passion for developing and providing innovative full-service solutions.
“We are proud to have become the UK’s leader in this sector and are very excited about building on this position with the benefit of Selwood’s scale, reputation and expertise.”
The acquisition of Siltbuster aligns with Selwood’s strategy of providing a single point of contact solution for pumping and water treatment requirements, backed by its 400-strong team of specialists, comprehensive fleet and branch network. It also enables Siltbuster’s teams to offer Selwood’s pump rental products and expertise alongside its water treatment services.
- Groundforce contributes to retaining wall guidance Groundforce Shorco has made a small but significant contribution to CIRIA's guidance on embedded retaining wall design... Read More >
- Hydrok acquired by Eliquo Water Group Water technology firm Hydrok has been acquired by German company Eliquo Water Group in a deal which will allow the pair to... Read More >
- Alchin joins Imtech to develop links Engineering and construction management contractor Imtech Water, Waste and Energy has appointed Jeff Alchin as senior... Read More >
- BIM: Managing Information Better NM Group has just earned verification from BSI for working at BIM level 2, but according to Gary Ross, Head of Digital... Read More >
- Jersey's shining sludge plant sets new standards When Jersey's Department for Infrastructure and Doosan Enpure had to replace Bellozanne sewage treatment works, they... Read More >
- Odour control: Galliford Try puts a lid on it The Galliford Try water team working for Southern Water is using an innovative cover system for two sludge consolidation... Read More >
- Workforce wellbeing: opening Pandora's Box Caring about the wellbeing of your workforce in the utilities sector requires maturity and tenacity, writes Lanes Group... Read More >
- Interview: Costain water sector director Maxine Mayhew Costain water sector director Maxine Mayhew discusses the company's shift towards smart infrastructure solutions and the... Read More >