Siemens wins instrumentation and VSD deals at UU
Siemens UK & Ireland has become sole-source supplier of instrumentation and variable speed drives (VSD) automation technology at United Utilities' (UU) sites across the North-west, having won two AMP6-related deals with the utility.
The deals build upon the long-standing technology partnership between the two companies first established in AMP3.
Under the latest contract, Siemens has been selected as sole technology supplier in four categories of instrumentation: electromagnetic flow meters, ultrasonic levels gauges, ultrasonic level switches and open channel ultrasonic flow meters. Also, agreement has been reached for the supply of three further instrumentation categories – radar level gauges, Coriolis flow meters and ultrasonic time-of-flight flow meters.
Siemens has also been chosen as sole technology supplier for all of AMP6 VSD framework contract requirements, ranging in power from 0.37Kw to 2000Kw.
Brian Holliday, managing director for Digital factory, Siemens UK & Ireland, commented: “The agreement clearly demonstrates a strong desire by both parties to extend the control, monitoring and reporting capabilities of many existing United Utilities installations and sets a clear integration strategy for the AMP6 period and beyond, with a commitment to invest in the future.”
- North of England should act to avoid water shortages - report A new report has said action to promote a sustainable approach to water resources is required to avoid the risk of... Read More >
- UU innovates to help prevent internal sewer flooding United Utilities, in partnership with Amey and Jetchem, has developed two innovative pieces of kit that help prevent... Read More >
- Portsmouth Water and Cappagh extend agreement Portsmouth Water and Cappagh have signed an agreement to extend their collaborative infrastructure contract for a further... Read More >
- Moving towards maintenance 4.0 Water utilities need to embrace smart asset management technologies but that is only part of the solution, writes Chris... Read More >
- Round table: Taking stock of totex Has total expenditure become enshrined in utilities' practices? A special pan-utility round table held at Utility Week... Read More >
- Round Table: Smart Asset Management for Water Companies Smart asset management is expected to drive significant improvements in water companies' operations, but is the industry... Read More >
- Into the Deep using advanced camera techniques Underwater drones, also known as remotely-operated vehicles (ROVs) have proved key to the inspection of... Read More >
- Opinion: Protecting our water assets against cyber threats It's vital that engineers start to lead the conversation on cyber security for operational technology in the water... Read More >