Severn Trent starts improvement works in Oadby
Water and waste company Severn Trent is to continue water pipe improvements in Oadby as part of its £19 million investment across Leicestershire.
The company is replacing water pipes across the county, making sure its network is in the best possible condition.
Timothy Ip, community officer on the project from Severn Trent, said: “This work is vital in making sure our network is in the absolute best condition, we know the pipes in this area are quite fragile so this work will help make sure there’s less chance of the pipes bursting.”
Contract partners McAndrew Utilities will be carrying out work on behalf of the company.
- ‘Farm to Tap' scheme celebrates most successful year to date Severn Trent's “Farm to Tap” scheme has celebrated its most successful year to date, with no metaldehyde water quality... Read More >
- Thames begins refurbishment of landmark Oxfordshire water tower Thames Water has started a £300k project to restore a landmark tower which can hold almost a million litres of drinking... Read More >
- Severn Trent CEO expresses pride in colleagues during Covid-19 outbreak Liv Garfield pays tribute to those going "above and beyond" to serve Severn Trent's communities Read More >
- How to achieve improved reliability of service Richard Broome, managing director and founder of LSBUD, talks about why a consistent service is key to customer... Read More >
- Expansion of SuDS schemes will help alleviate flooding events David Smoker, chair of BPF Pipes Group, talks about how the expansion of the UK government's SuDS scheme should help solve Read More >
- How to bake a connected water network Rik Gunderson, utility client director at Software AG, tells us how to "bake" a smart water network. Read More >
- Techniques to Inform and improve aeration system design and operation Rowland Minall, Operations Director, Aqua Enviro explains the techniques available to inform and improve aeration system... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >