SDS acquires Asset International Weholite business
SDS has announced its acquisition of Asset International Ltd, which includes the exclusive rights to manufacture Weholite large diameter plastic pipes in the UK and Ireland.
SDS takes over the operation of Asset International’s Newport-based manufacturing facility.
The plant, which has been operating for more than 20 years, has the capacity to produce 10,000 tonnes of Weholite products each year, including the manufacture of its BBA HAPAS approved industry-leading HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) large diameter (gravity and low-pressure structured wall) pipe.
The new business will trade under the names of ‘Weholite Limited’ and ‘Weholite International Limited’.
SDS will provide continuity of service to all Weholite customers and takes on immediate responsibility for ensuring the delivery of current and planned projects.
Patrick Cullen, managing director of SDS, said the move affirms the company’s strategic vision to advance the development of innovative products and services that sustainably manage water.
“Our acquisition of Asset International’s Weholite business marks a major milestone in our strategic vision to expand the development of innovative, efficient and cost-effective products and services that tackle the challenges of managing water from source to sea and deliver vital water security,” Cullen said.
“Water is both a vital resource for life and a danger to our livelihoods. Whether we have too much or too little, the critical infrastructure required to ensure its supply, whilst also protecting us from flooding, is under increasing stress.
“The way we manage water in future, therefore, will be fundamental not only to protecting the environment, but also to human well-being and commercial prosperity.”
- SDS acquires Waterscan's water recycling business Water infrastructure systems supplier SDS has announced its acquisition of the water recycling division of Waterscan Ltd... Read More >
- Servelec Technologies completes acquisition of Primayer Servelec Technologies has announced it has completed the acquisition of water network leak detection and location company... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- Carrying out a pipeline assessment A look at how Anglian Water used pipeline assessment technology to determine the condition and remaining service life of a... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- Water pipelines - is there life after design life? Understanding the residual life of pipelines is crucial to making effective investment decisions, writes Guy Cleveland,... Read More >
- Safe handling: @One's pipe coil initiative When a member of the @One Alliance team suffered serious injuries while installing a section of coiled pipe, the company... Read More >