Scottish Water awards Tier 1 alliance partner contracts
Three companies have been awarded Tier 1 alliance partner contracts by Scottish Water to help deliver the utility's infrastructure capital investment programme.
Morrison Construction, Coffey Construction and Fastflow Pipeline Services Ltd will each help deliver Scottish Water’s quality and standards IV (Q&SIV) programme, which covers drinking water network assets, for the regulatory period 2015-2021. They will directly deliver work in the central belt of Scotland and in the north east of the country, with work elsewhere expected to be sub-contracted to Tier 2 framework contractors in the regions.
Seven companies were in the running for the work. The expected final value of the three contracts is £50M; there is also the option for them to be extended into the next regulatory period.
- South Staffs Water to divert 17km of assets due to A14 upgrade South Staffs Water is to divert nearly 17km of its assets because of the £1.4bn A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon Improvement... Read More >
- Morgan Sindall reports 34% rise in profit Morgan Sindall has announced an adjusted group operating profit of £38.8M last year, a rise of 34% on the £28.9M achieved... Read More >
- Severn Trent Water boss checks on progress of EVA scheme Severn Trent Water chief executive officer Liv Garfield has been checking out the progress of the utility's Elan Valley... Read More >
- INWED 2019: 'Each step was driven by choosing work I enjoy' To mark International Women in Engineering Day 2019 on 23 June, Fiona Barbour discusses her journey to becoming Mott... Read More >
- Interview: Kier Utilities' water MD Nigel Dyer Kier Utilities' Nigel Dyer tells Robin Hackett how the company is evolving to meet the changing demands on the water... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >
- In Focus: Health, safety and wellbeing at Lanes Group Having introduced an array of creative solutions to improve health, safety and wellbeing, Lanes Group is showing the... Read More >