Safety bund success
Forbes has developed the MINIBULK-TOTAL, an integral close-fitting safety bund that is fully compliant Health & Safety Executive and Environmental Agency guidelines. Capacities available are in excess of 40m3.
The most vulnerable parts of any tank are the low level connections that can be mechanically damaged or leak through gasket degradation. The MINIBULK-TOTAL system has all connections through the roof or against the top knuckle of the vertical shell.
Liquid is discharged from the tank via a patented siphon system or via a run dry pump capable of lifting the contents over the top knuckle into the outlet down pipe.
Either system can be supplied as part of the tank package.
The tank is integrally mounted in a close fitting secondary safety tank which acts as a safety bund. There is liquid monitoring within the bund area to give warning of any leakage.
The recently installed latest automated manufacturing equipment ensures guaranteed quality assurance.
This equipment incorporated automatic computer controlled welding of the base plates to the shell both inside & outside the shell.
For remote sections the unit is overseen by high resolution cameras. This design of tank is regarded universally as one of the safest and secure methods of storing hazardous liquids. The tank is fitted with a simple warning system.
By having a close fitting bund tank the footprint is greatly reduced. This also aids installation.
- Balmoral Tanks expands with pipework acquisition Balmoral Tanks has expanded into the pipe arena with the acquisition of Servomac Ltd, the Chesterfield-based pipework... Read More >
- AVK acquires Fusion Group Gas and water industry supplier AVK has acquired the majority share of Fusion Group for an undisclosed sum, in a move that... Read More >
- Faulty valve caused permit breach The breach of an environmental permit at a water treatment works (WTW) in North Wales was down to a faulty valve, a court... Read More >
- Meeting AMP7 leakage targets Damian Crawford, head of smart networks & leakage at Stantec, discusses how becoming data-rich and knowledge-smart can... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- Delivering a smart network Tom Mills, senior director UK&I at Sensus, examines what a smart water network really means - and how to get there. Read More >
- A watershed moment for the water industry? Tessa Harding, director of water at Thomson Environmental Consultants, discusses the government's Environment Bill. Read More >
- AMP7: putting the customer centre stage 2020 marks the beginnings of a new chapter for clients and contractors in the water industry with the start of AMP7, the... Read More >