RSE takes majority stake in Sheers
Engineering group RSE has taken up a majority equity share in chemical dosing company Sheers.
The deal is expected to "retain the key skills" of the Sheers team.
RSE managing director, Allan Dallas, said: “The UK Water Sector faces significant environmental challenges in the coming years. The removal of Phosphorous from wastewater is one such challenge and can be addressed by RSE’s award winning modular treatment products.
“The engineering talent and manufacturing expertise in Sheers will enhance RSE’s offering in this space and provide closer access to markets in Northern England.”
Sheers managing director, Roy Warren, welcomed the partnership as a timely support to Sheer’s growth ambitions. “Since forming Sheers over 35 years ago, we have enjoyed sustained year-on-year growth. We are hoping to continue this journey with greater capacity and technical support from our new colleagues at RSE.”
- Anglian Water announces latest apprenticeship recruitment drive Anglian Water is launching 38 new apprenticeship positions encouraging people to consider working within the utilities... Read More >
- Ofwat announces £40m Water Breakthrough Challenge to spark transformation in the sector Ofwat has announced a new collaborative competition to encourage innovation for water and wastewater services and drive... Read More >
- Yorkshire Water partners Ward and Burke for new treatment works Yorkshire Water has named Ward and Burke as its capital partner for the construction of its new Withernsea wastewater... Read More >
- What exactly is the circular economy? The circular economy is being increasingly mentioned but what exactly is it and what does it mean? What is its relevance... Read More >
- Integrated sustainability analytics to support asset planning and investment Jiean Ling, doctoral practitioner in sustainability at the University of Surrey, discusses why the water sector needs an... Read More >
- Connecting Greece to the UK with NextGen circular developments A sewer mining project in Athens is testing augmented reality (AR) to drive public engagement. With a very high... Read More >
- The role of safe digging in the UK's economic recovery The UK government looks set to invest heavily in large scale infrastructure in a bid to try and kickstart the economy.... Read More >
- Meet the judges of the Water Industry Awards 2021 WWT chats to some of the judges of the 2021 WIAs, to find out what they are most excited about for this year's awards. Read More >