PSS Hire gets five-year contract extension at Scottish Water
UK utilities and pipeline equipment rental company PSS Hire has secured a five-year extension to its supply agreement with Scottish Water. The new contract, which runs until 2020, covers specific equipment hire and services.
PSS Hire, part of A-Plant, has invested more than £1.4M in new equipment sourced from several suppliers. It said the list of equipment purchased included electro-fusion equipment, coil pipe trailers, bursting equipment, winches, McElroy’s T900 TracStars and 250 DynaMc butt fusion machines.
The company said the machines would be supplied from PSS Hire Service Centres in Scotland. The company has opened a new Service Centre in Bathgate, near Edinburgh, and is to open additional premises in Inverness and Aberdeen soon.
PSS Hire director Mark Hamilton said: “We are absolutely delighted to have secured this framework agreement with Scottish Water, and we have made significant investment in new equipment to underline our commitment and to ensure that Scottish Water and the company’s supply partners have access to first class equipment.
“These really are exciting times for PSS Hire as we are expanding our national coverage, and Scotland has been identified as a key area for further expansion.”
- Arup and The Rockefeller Foundation work on water resilience framework A framework to help cities better prepare for and respond to shocks and stresses to their water system is being... Read More >
- Electro Scan agrees partnership with WRc WRc has agreed a partnership with US firm Electro Scan to offer its innovative pipe condition assessment solutions to the... Read More >
- Murphy awarded Affinity Water civils contract J. Murphy & Sons has been awarded a place on a five-year framework agreement with Affinity Water. Read More >
- Moving towards maintenance 4.0 Water utilities need to embrace smart asset management technologies but that is only part of the solution, writes Chris... Read More >
- Round table: Taking stock of totex Has total expenditure become enshrined in utilities' practices? A special pan-utility round table held at Utility Week... Read More >
- Round Table: Smart Asset Management for Water Companies Smart asset management is expected to drive significant improvements in water companies' operations, but is the industry... Read More >
- Into the Deep using advanced camera techniques Underwater drones, also known as remotely-operated vehicles (ROVs) have proved key to the inspection of... Read More >
- Opinion: Protecting our water assets against cyber threats It's vital that engineers start to lead the conversation on cyber security for operational technology in the water... Read More >