PR19 leakage targets will drive innovation - Ofwat's Ashley
Ofwat expects to promote greater innovation by setting strong leakage challenges in PR19, the regulator's director of customer engagement and outcomes, Jon Ashley, told the Utility Week Live conference today (22 May).
Ofwat is challenging companies to reduce leakage by 15 per cent as part of its PR19 methodology and Ashley said there had been a "mixed response" from the companies, with some "really recognising there was a need for an ambitious reduction in leakage" and others believing the target may be a step too far.
- Ambitious leakage action long overdue - CCWater CEO The Consumer Council for Water says ambitious action to reduce the amount of water lost through leaky pipes is long... Read More >
- New nitrate removal plant for Anglian Water's Retford WTW Water and wastewater solutions provider ACWA Services has been contracted to design and build a new state-of-the-art... Read More >
- Report slams government for hindering water industry development The government has been criticised in a new report for not being "proactive" in the UK water industry. The... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: Reducing supply interruptions Supply interruptions are one of the biggest sources of frustration for customers, but there are solutions that can help... Read More >
- Utileyes: Northumbrian's award-winning 'virtual visit' app The Utileyes app - which allows Northumbrian Water Group technicians to view potential problems inside customers' homes... Read More >
- River rescue: High-resolution monitoring of nutrient pollution OTT Hydrometry's Nigel Grimsley discusses the technologies that have overcome traditional barriers to the continuous... Read More >
- Jersey's shining sludge plant sets new standards When Jersey's Department for Infrastructure and Doosan Enpure had to replace Bellozanne sewage treatment works, they... Read More >
- Odour control: Galliford Try puts a lid on it The Galliford Try water team working for Southern Water is using an innovative cover system for two sludge consolidation... Read More >