Ofwat hands PR19 contract to PwC-led consortium
Ofwat has announced that it is awarding the delivery partner contract to support PR19 to a consortium led by PwC.
Mott MacDonald and Europe Economics will also form part of the consortium, which Ofwat said was the result of a "competitive procurement process".
Accountancy firm PwC had served as delivery partner for Ofwat for PR14 under a three-year, £6.45m contract.
Concerns had been raised over a potential conflict of interest with PwC working for both the regulator and several water companies for PR14.
Antoinette Sandbach, Conservative member of the business select committee, told the Financial Times last year: “Consumers need to have confidence in the regulatory process, and despite the safeguards insisted on by Ofwat, clearly these disclosures raise concern."
Ofwat said at the time that it had taken action to "ensure that any existing actual and potential conflicts were identified and suitable measures put in place to ensure there were robust ethical walls”.
- GMB calls for Ofwat to be scrapped Trade union GMB is calling for regulator Ofwat and the current structure of privatised water companies to scrapped, saying... Read More >
- UU gets go-ahead to provide loans to JV retail business United Utilities (UU) has been given the go-ahead from Ofwat to provide loans to its joint venture company, which it set... Read More >
- Stantec to sell water and wastewater-focused MWH Constructors Global design firm Stantec has announced it has signed an agreement for the sale of its construction division MWH... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >
- In Focus: Health, safety and wellbeing at Lanes Group Having introduced an array of creative solutions to improve health, safety and wellbeing, Lanes Group is showing the... Read More >
- Meet the WIA Finalists: Water Industry Contractor of the Year In the run-up to the Water Industry Awards, WWT is taking a close look at the companies and initiatives that have made the... Read More >
- MWH Treatment: Building on a legacy MWH Treatment is celebrating its past as well as looking to the future. WET News caught up with MD Paul Bresnan and... Read More >