Ofwat hands PR19 contract to PwC-led consortium
Ofwat has announced that it is awarding the delivery partner contract to support PR19 to a consortium led by PwC.
Mott MacDonald and Europe Economics will also form part of the consortium, which Ofwat said was the result of a "competitive procurement process".
Accountancy firm PwC had served as delivery partner for Ofwat for PR14 under a three-year, £6.45m contract.
Concerns had been raised over a potential conflict of interest with PwC working for both the regulator and several water companies for PR14.
Antoinette Sandbach, Conservative member of the business select committee, told the Financial Times last year: “Consumers need to have confidence in the regulatory process, and despite the safeguards insisted on by Ofwat, clearly these disclosures raise concern."
Ofwat said at the time that it had taken action to "ensure that any existing actual and potential conflicts were identified and suitable measures put in place to ensure there were robust ethical walls”.
- Ofwat's Fletcher: Change essential and inevitable for sector Ofwat chief executive Rachel Fletcher has said change in the water industry is "essential and indeed inevitable" and that... Read More >
- Wallingford launches environmental partnership in southern Africa Oxfordshire-based hydraulics specialist HR Wallingford has teamed up with Fourth Element Consulting, of Johannesburg, to... Read More >
- Outstanding achievement honour for WaterAid's Barbara Frost WaterAid chief executive Barbara Frost has been awarded the prestigious Daniel Phelan Award for Outstanding Achievement... Read More >
- Interview: New Clancy Docwra CEO Matt Cannon Former rugby union professional Matt Cannon wants to ensure water companies recognise the full value Clancy Docwra can... Read More >
- Delivering innovation for PR19 Innovation will be the key to meeting many water sector goals after PR19, and many potential technological solutions are... Read More >
- Moving towards greener resilience Nature-based solutions can help us to see the big picture when building in system resilience, writes Dr Jonathan Simm,... Read More >
- Reservoir renewal: Severn Trent's Ambergate project Laing O'Rourke and nmcn (formerly NMCNomenca) this year completed work on Severn Trent’s £43 million project to replace... Read More >
- Interview: Atkins' Daressa Frodsham Atkins' new head of UK water, Daressa Frodsham, tells Robin Hackett that the company has what it takes to tackle the huge... Read More >