Ofwat chair's appointment extended by a year
Jonson Cox's appointment as chair of Ofwat has been extended by one year.
Cox has served as chair for Ofwat since November 2012. His appointment, which was renewed in 2015 and was set to end on 31 October 2020, has now been extended to 30 October 2021.
The Environment Secretary has made the extension in conjunction with the Welsh Government after securing agreement from the Prime Minister.
Having previously worked at Yorkshire Water, Cox was appointed to the position at Ofwat to resolve issues between water companies, investors and the regulator.
- Labour pushes for infrastructure committee A report commissioned by the Labour Party is urging a change to the way major infrastructure projects are agreed and... Read More >
- UK pharmaceutical industry 'unconcerned' about water Concerns about water consumption in the UK pharmaceutical industry are minimal, according to researchers at the University... Read More >
- SWI wins deal to improve Calgary's water services Scottish Water International (SWI) has been awarded a major contract to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- Outsourcing the skills supply problem Paul MacFarlane, HR director for utilities at Amey, on tackling the industry-wide skills challenge Read More >
- Model behaviour: Project 13 Project 13 was developed to provide a route map to a sustainable, innovative and highly skilled industry. With those... Read More >
- Opinion: People and technology must work together The idea of People vs Tech is outdated: People + Tech is the way forward, write Simon Parker and Roger Williams Read More >