Ofwat chair's appointment extended by a year
Jonson Cox's appointment as chair of Ofwat has been extended by one year.
Cox has served as chair for Ofwat since November 2012. His appointment, which was renewed in 2015 and was set to end on 31 October 2020, has now been extended to 30 October 2021.
The Environment Secretary has made the extension in conjunction with the Welsh Government after securing agreement from the Prime Minister.
Having previously worked at Yorkshire Water, Cox was appointed to the position at Ofwat to resolve issues between water companies, investors and the regulator.
- Bristol Water challenges Ofwat price determination Bristol Water has rejected Ofwat's price determination for the next five years and will be seeking a review by the... Read More >
- Severn Trent Water picks its AMP6 and 7 consultants Severn Trent Water has selected Atkins, MWH UK and Jacobs UK for new engineering consultancy framework. All three... Read More >
- Ofwat sets out draft vision Ofwat chief executive Carthryn Ross has outlined a draft vision for regulating the English and Welsh water sectors. It... Read More >
- Outsourcing the skills supply problem Paul MacFarlane, HR director for utilities at Amey, on tackling the industry-wide skills challenge Read More >
- Model behaviour: Project 13 Project 13 was developed to provide a route map to a sustainable, innovative and highly skilled industry. With those... Read More >
- Opinion: People and technology must work together The idea of People vs Tech is outdated: People + Tech is the way forward, write Simon Parker and Roger Williams Read More >
- The robots aren't coming... they're already here Stantec lead design engineer Dan Causley looks at advances in technology and their role in boosting productivity in the... Read More >
- Bridging the gap: Tackling diversity in the water sector The water industry faces a substantial skills gap in the coming years, but could a greater focus on gender and diversity... Read More >