Ofwat chair's appointment extended by a year
Jonson Cox's appointment as chair of Ofwat has been extended by one year.
Cox has served as chair for Ofwat since November 2012. His appointment, which was renewed in 2015 and was set to end on 31 October 2020, has now been extended to 30 October 2021.
The Environment Secretary has made the extension in conjunction with the Welsh Government after securing agreement from the Prime Minister.
Having previously worked at Yorkshire Water, Cox was appointed to the position at Ofwat to resolve issues between water companies, investors and the regulator.
- Less than a week left to register for Ofwat webinar Readers have less than a week left to register for WWT's Cracking Innovation Together webinar, which is being run in... Read More >
- Ofwat makes it mandatory to meet BLTG principles Ofwat has made it compulsory for all water companies to meet new objectives about board leadership, transparency and... Read More >
- CMA appeals delayed due to coronavirus uncertainty An extension of six months has been granted to the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) to allow the government... Read More >
- Skills gap fundamentals remain undiminished by Covid-19 Sue Caccavone, technical director of BV Academy - Black & Veatch argues that the need for utility skills development is... Read More >
- Association offers help sourcing PPE for water workers With the global demand for protective clothing likely to continue to impact the water industry, there should be no... Read More >
- Getting on in your health and safety career Health and safety leaders offer professional development tips for those aspiring to a career which put care for colleagues... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >