Ofwat chair's appointment extended by a year
Jonson Cox's appointment as chair of Ofwat has been extended by one year.
Cox has served as chair for Ofwat since November 2012. His appointment, which was renewed in 2015 and was set to end on 31 October 2020, has now been extended to 30 October 2021.
The Environment Secretary has made the extension in conjunction with the Welsh Government after securing agreement from the Prime Minister.
Having previously worked at Yorkshire Water, Cox was appointed to the position at Ofwat to resolve issues between water companies, investors and the regulator.
- UU hits out at One Direction star for wasting water United Utilities (UU) has criticised One Direction star Harry Styles for keeping the tap running while he brushes his... Read More >
- Ofwat calls for views on developing water resources market Water regulator Ofwat is seeking views from interested parties about the development and implementation of a bilateral... Read More >
- Ofwat to promote innovation with digital campaign Ofwat is to seeking to channel innovation in the water sector with a new digital campaign aimed at encouraging water... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- Outsourcing the skills supply problem Paul MacFarlane, HR director for utilities at Amey, on tackling the industry-wide skills challenge Read More >
- Model behaviour: Project 13 Project 13 was developed to provide a route map to a sustainable, innovative and highly skilled industry. With those... Read More >
- Opinion: People and technology must work together The idea of People vs Tech is outdated: People + Tech is the way forward, write Simon Parker and Roger Williams Read More >
- The robots aren't coming... they're already here Stantec lead design engineer Dan Causley looks at advances in technology and their role in boosting productivity in the... Read More >