Northumbrian Water Group's Heidi Mottram receives Yorkshire & North East Award
The Institute of Directors (IoD) has announced the winners of its Yorkshire and North East Director of the Year Awards 2020.
The winners were unveiled at a virtual awards ceremony, streamed live this week (18 November) to an audience of business leaders from across the region.
The Chair's Award for Excellence in Director and Board Practice went to Heidi Mottram, CEO of Northumbrian Water. Heidi was awarded an OBE in 2010 for services to the rail industry and a CBE in 2018 for services to the water industry and business community.
Delroy Beverley, IoD Yorkshire and North East regional chair, said: "Congratulations go to all our winners who demonstrated outstanding success in their individual sectors. We were delighted to showcase and celebrate their achievements during our virtual awards ceremony. Innovation, leadership and determination were among the qualities which shone through in our 2020 winners."
Commenting on the award, Mottram said: "These awards are a brilliant chance to celebrate all that is great about business in Yorkshire and the North East, and the leaders who lead those businesses as well.
"In my opinion a leader can only ever be as good as their team, and I have the absolute privilege of leading a brilliant team in Northumbrian Water. They are fantastic always, but I think these last few months when we have all been in these unusual times, they've really come to the fore keeping the water flowing for everybody.
"A huge thank you for this award, and a huge thank you on behalf of all my team."
- Ofwat lays out guidance for RAPID submissions to water resource solutions Ofwat has published guidance to the gated process for strategic regional water resource solutions. Read More >
- Northumbrian Water opens new observatory at reservoir Northumbrian Water has opened the new Grassholme Observatory at its Grassholme Reservoir, close to the towns of Mickleton... Read More >
- Anglian Water complete remote monitoring trial with 8power Anglian Water has completed a successful trial with 8power, using remote condition monitoring sensors and analytic... Read More >
- The role of safe digging in the UK's economic recovery The UK government looks set to invest heavily in large scale infrastructure in a bid to try and kickstart the economy.... Read More >
- Meet the judges of the Water Industry Awards 2021 WWT chats to some of the judges of the 2021 WIAs, to find out what they are most excited about for this year's awards. Read More >
- Women on Water - Keeping the conversation going to ensure no one is left behind The month of March ushers in the celebration of Women's Month, including International Women’s Day. In the first of a... Read More >
- Reporting damages: The state of the industry Richard Broome, managing director at LSBUD looks at the consequences of not reporting damages and looks at why regulating... Read More >
- How tech is helping water companies improve lockdown customer service Bobby Bahia, commercial director for transport & infrastructure at Totalmobile, discusses how technology innovations and... Read More >