Northumbrian Water go global for Innovation Festival 2020
Northumbrian Water has announced plans for its fourth Innovation Festival which will have an international feel.
The water company has confirmed that it will hold the event in Newcastle in July next year, but will be joining forces with creators and innovators from across the world to take the festival to an international level.
The event, which focuses on championing new ways of thinking, will see attendees in the North East of England working on sprints, hacks and challenges alongside festival teams in America and Australia.
According to the company, introducing influences from across the world will help take sprints in new and exciting directions and offer a global perspective to tackling some of the big problems faced by the sector.
Nigel Watson, Northumbrian Water's information services director and festival founder, said: "We're very excited to officially announce that our incredible Innovation Festival will return for 2020 and this time we're taking it to another level. We're going global.
"It's big, it's ambitious and it's the first time something like this has ever been done by a water company and we're incredibly proud and excited to be leading the way.
"We've been really lucky to have attendees from international companies join us at the event in Newcastle over previous years, and we expect lots of them back for 2020, however the interest and attention the festival has gained from organisations worldwide meant that we had to look at how we could make it bigger and better. So we're doing it all over again, but on a global scale.
"By offering organisations and innovators in America and Australia the chance to continue our hard work overnight, once our Festival days are finished here in the UK, then we're able to open up our ideas and innovations to the whole world.”
This year's Innovation Festival attracted more than 3,000 people from nearly 700 organisations from across the world to the region to work together on ideas and come up with new inventions and creations.
The Innovation Festival 2020 will take place at Newcastle Racecourse from Monday July 6 to Friday July 10.
- Hot ideas on show at Innovation Festival Innovative ideas, fresh thinking and imaginative solutions were all on display at Northumbrian Water Group's Innovation... Read More >
- Australian utility uses sniffer dogs to detect water mains leaks A trial using two specially trained sniffer dogs is being carried out by Australian utility Water Corporation to detect... Read More >
- Northumbrian Water launches joint tender for pipes Northumbrian Water, Wales and West Utilities and Northern Gas Networks Operations have issued a joint tender for the... Read More >
- A digital revolution in water The UK Water Partnership (UKWP) has launched a 10-point action plan to help ensure that UK plc wins its share of an... Read More >
- Industry 4.0 - how to build a digital twin Chris Steele, head of information management and analytics at Black & Veatch Europe, runs through the steps required to... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- Refining water quality management As part of our Utility of the Future campaign, Nadine Buddoo looks at why maintaining water quality is a fundamental... Read More >
- Delivering a smart network Tom Mills, senior director UK&I at Sensus, examines what a smart water network really means - and how to get there. Read More >