Northumbrian Water go global for Innovation Festival 2020
Northumbrian Water has announced plans for its fourth Innovation Festival which will have an international feel.
The water company has confirmed that it will hold the event in Newcastle in July next year, but will be joining forces with creators and innovators from across the world to take the festival to an international level.
The event, which focuses on championing new ways of thinking, will see attendees in the North East of England working on sprints, hacks and challenges alongside festival teams in America and Australia.
According to the company, introducing influences from across the world will help take sprints in new and exciting directions and offer a global perspective to tackling some of the big problems faced by the sector.
Nigel Watson, Northumbrian Water's information services director and festival founder, said: "We're very excited to officially announce that our incredible Innovation Festival will return for 2020 and this time we're taking it to another level. We're going global.
"It's big, it's ambitious and it's the first time something like this has ever been done by a water company and we're incredibly proud and excited to be leading the way.
"We've been really lucky to have attendees from international companies join us at the event in Newcastle over previous years, and we expect lots of them back for 2020, however the interest and attention the festival has gained from organisations worldwide meant that we had to look at how we could make it bigger and better. So we're doing it all over again, but on a global scale.
"By offering organisations and innovators in America and Australia the chance to continue our hard work overnight, once our Festival days are finished here in the UK, then we're able to open up our ideas and innovations to the whole world.”
This year's Innovation Festival attracted more than 3,000 people from nearly 700 organisations from across the world to the region to work together on ideas and come up with new inventions and creations.
The Innovation Festival 2020 will take place at Newcastle Racecourse from Monday July 6 to Friday July 10.
- British Water Prize winner lands job with award sponsor One of the winning team from this year's British Water Prize has been given a job with the award sponsor, Mouchel. Read More >
- Saint-Gobain PAM in university challenge Students at Birmingham City University have been challenged by Saint-Gobain PAM to rethink the role of access covers and... Read More >
- New products and technology on show at Utility Week Live inc IWEX Utility Week Live incorporating IWEX, the UK's first ever exhibition dedicated to the UK’s water, electricity and gas... Read More >
- Digital technologies ready to impact water industry efficiency ABB's UK water manager for drives, Clayton Mead, shares some ideas on tackling water industry challenges in 2020 and... Read More >
- Delivering innovation through collaboration Dwr Cymru Welsh Water innovation scientist Euan Hampton says the company is seeing the benefits of opening itself up to... Read More >
- Through the keyhole: The King's Scholars' Pond project The use of keyhole engineering on Thames Water's King's Scholars' Pond project saved money and carbon while keeping London... Read More >
- Anglian and ESW join forces on Innovate East Essex & Suffolk Water and Anglian Water came together to stage a three-day innovation event in September, producing a raft... Read More >
- Has offsite manufacturing's moment arrived? Rich Matthews, managing director at Siltbuster Process Solutions, believes it is time for the water sector to reap the... Read More >