nmcn secures AMP7 framework with South Staffs Water
nmcn has secured a framework for the design and build to upgrade major water treatment works in the South Staffs region as part of an investment estimated to be around £60 million.
Extensive rebuilding and refurbishment work will be undertaken in 2020 to 2025 and beyond at Seedy Mill water treatment works, near Lichfield, and Hampton Loade water treatment works, near Bridgnorth.
This work forms part of a longer-term strategy to develop the sites over the next 10 years to continually improve the quality of the water supplied to customers.
Both schemes will be delivered to BIM level 2 compliance.
Andy Langman, managing director of the nmcn water business, said: “We are looking forward to working in collaboration with South Staffs Water and delivering this long-term plan to benefit their customers.”
Phil Newland, managing director at South Staffs Water, added: “At South Staffs Water, we’re committed to providing our customers with high-quality water, both now and in the future.
“This contract with nmcn represents a programme of investment that will substantially improve both the quality of the water and the resilience of our water treatment works.”
- Anglian Water opens £44M 'unique' water treatment works Anglian Water has officially opened its new £44M Hall Water Treatment Works (WTW), which it describes as "one of the... Read More >
- South East Water's £22M WTW expansion hits first milestone South East Water's £22 million expansion to a water treatment site near Maidenhead has hit its first major milestone. Read More >
- Thames Water fined for polluting River Ash Thames Water Utilities must pay £41,000 in fines and costs for polluting the River Ash and for breaching a condition of... Read More >
- Shifting the dial on drinking water challenges Ahead of WWT Drinking Water Quality Conference, Anglian Water's director of water services, Paul Valleley, provides the... Read More >
- Over-pressurisation: A serious risk for lime storage silos Hycontrol managing director Nigel Allen warns that many lime storage silos are disasters waiting to happen, and steps need... Read More >
- Why valve checks are an essential part of summer maintenance Fraser Higgins, Durapipe UK industrial product manager, explains why valves should not be overlooked as part of the summer... Read More >
- Case Study: Pumping up quality at Burnham Jetty A year's worth of planning, seamless collaboration and technical expertise were crucial to the success of a complex... Read More >
- Lead Pipe Removal: Taking the Lead Lead pipes represent a proven risk to water quality and people's health - but 50 years after they were banned for new use,... Read More >