Nivus wins first Thames Water framework
Nivus is to supply ultrasonic and radar flow measurement systems for Thames Water's sewage treatment and channel networks. The multimillion-pound framework is the first that Nivus has been awarded by Thames Water.
David Miles, Thames business manager and environmental manager with NIivus UK, said: “I look forward to the cooperation. The Nivus flow measurement products bring a complement and consequent addition for Thames Water to their previous flow measuring systems in use.”
Nivus said it adds new flow measurement systems with easy and quick assembly for pipe systems and also for open channel measurement. Especially for bigger pipes, its pipe sensor solutions offer additional advantages in terms of cost and sustainability.
Listening to market needs Nivus identified the potential for a greener, more cost effective and removable flow measurement device for full and partially full pipes that can match the accuracy and applications of conventional flow measurement systems but at a fraction of the cost.
- Thames Water installs landmark 100,000th smart meter Thames Water has installed its landmark 100,000th smart meter, in the London Borough of Bexley. Read More >
- Three consultancies appointed on Tideway 'super sewer' scheme Tideway has selected three companies - Arcadis, Turner & Townsend and Gardiner & Theobold (G&T) - to provide... Read More >
- Farrans and Roadbridge JV awarded UU's Thirlmere mains programme A joint venture between Farrans Construction and Roadbridge has been awarded the £85M deal to carry out United Utilities'... Read More >
- Moving towards maintenance 4.0 Water utilities need to embrace smart asset management technologies but that is only part of the solution, writes Chris... Read More >
- A data-led approach to clearing FOG Water utilities have a major challenge working with local food businesses to prevent fats, oils and grease entering the... Read More >
- The robots aren't coming... they're already here Stantec lead design engineer Dan Causley looks at advances in technology and their role in boosting productivity in the... Read More >
- Opinion: A smarter way to read the water network Smart metering technology could be the key to closing water companies' knowledge gaps about usage in their network -... Read More >
- Smart thinking: The digital asset management revolution With many of the pieces now in place for a digital asset management revolution, AI and machine learning solutions are set... Read More >