Nicci Russell appointed new MD of Waterwise
Waterwise has named Ofwat director Nicci Russell as its new managing director.
Russell was policy director at Waterwise until 2013 and co-founded the organisation with its current managing director Jacob Tompkins, who is leaving after 11 years.
Currently a director at Ofwat, Nicci said she was “thrilled” to be returning to Waterwise and was “looking forward to building on Jacob’s fantastic legacy”.
Waterwise chair Martin Bradbury said: “Nicci is a highly respected leader in the water sector with in-depth knowledge and experience. I am delighted that Nicci has agreed to take on the challenge as Waterwise enters a new phase.
“Jacob has worked tirelessly to promote the water efficiency agenda as the Managing Director of Waterwise and I want to thank him for building the credibility and reputation of Waterwise.”
In April 2017, Jacob Tompkins will become the chief operating officer of The Water Retail Company, a new entrant in the newly-opened English non-household retail market.
In March this year Waterwise teamed up with WaterSafe to promote Water Saving Week which aims to raise awareness for customers to use water wisely, as the balance between supply and demand becomes tighter and droughts become increasingly common.
And last month, Waterwise released a wide-ranging report calling for the UK to adopt a 'water-saving culture' in a joined-up national water efficiency strategy.
-A version of this article first appeared on Utility Week.
- Southern Water spends millions to tackle bathing water pollution A multimillion-pound project to tackle various sources of pollution preventing bathing waters from achieving 'excellent'... Read More >
- Ofwat lacks confidence in data quality from four water companies Ofwat “does not have full confidence” in the quality of data provided by four water companies and is challenging them to... Read More >
- Southern Water plans £3B spend in 2015-2020 Southern Water has announced that its Business Plan for 2015-2020 will cost £3B to deliver, with customer bills rising by... Read More >
- Getting personal Save Water Save Money's aqKWa Savings Engine is helping people around the world to understand precisely how they can... Read More >
- Changing the way water utilities think George Hesmondhalgh, managing consultant at Capgemini, says companies need to stop viewing legislation as an obligation... Read More >
- What can cities do to combat the water crisis? Louise Ellis, water engineer and associate at Arup, discusses the findings from City Water Resilience Approach assessments... Read More >
- How to become 'water-wise' Luke Matcham, consultant at Capgemini, looks at how incentives and penalties can be balanced to encourage water... Read More >
- Abstract concept: How can water companies reduce abstraction? Despite concerns over supplies, water companies face pressure to reduce abstraction. As part of our Utility of the Future... Read More >