Nicci Russell appointed new MD of Waterwise
Waterwise has named Ofwat director Nicci Russell as its new managing director.
Russell was policy director at Waterwise until 2013 and co-founded the organisation with its current managing director Jacob Tompkins, who is leaving after 11 years.
Currently a director at Ofwat, Nicci said she was “thrilled” to be returning to Waterwise and was “looking forward to building on Jacob’s fantastic legacy”.
Waterwise chair Martin Bradbury said: “Nicci is a highly respected leader in the water sector with in-depth knowledge and experience. I am delighted that Nicci has agreed to take on the challenge as Waterwise enters a new phase.
“Jacob has worked tirelessly to promote the water efficiency agenda as the Managing Director of Waterwise and I want to thank him for building the credibility and reputation of Waterwise.”
In April 2017, Jacob Tompkins will become the chief operating officer of The Water Retail Company, a new entrant in the newly-opened English non-household retail market.
In March this year Waterwise teamed up with WaterSafe to promote Water Saving Week which aims to raise awareness for customers to use water wisely, as the balance between supply and demand becomes tighter and droughts become increasingly common.
And last month, Waterwise released a wide-ranging report calling for the UK to adopt a 'water-saving culture' in a joined-up national water efficiency strategy.
-A version of this article first appeared on Utility Week.
- Ofwat makes submission to CMA following company appeals Ofwat has referred the price redetermination requests from Bristol, Yorkshire, Northumbrian and Anglian Water to the... Read More >
- Ofwat takes further action to protect customer interests Water companies trying to create financial arrangements otherwise prohibited by their licence will have to clearly show... Read More >
- Ofwat sets out strategy to transform sector's performance Ofwat has published a new strategy to help transform water company performance, meet long-term challenges and embed public... Read More >
- Age of data driven leak management dawns Water scarcity and regulatory pressure are leading to more remote monitoring of leakage, says Alan Cunningham, technical... Read More >
- Come together to beat climate change Northumbrian Water chief executive Heidi Mottram's motivational message to the water sector on the opportunities and... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- Ensuring future water supplies The water sector is entering a period of greater focus on managing water resources as it seeks to ensure future supplies.... Read More >
- Integrated catchment management James Knightbridge of Mott MacDonald examines what systems operation means in terms of integrated catchment management and... Read More >