NI Water awards Magdalene telecoms deal
Telecoms infrastructure services provider Magdalene, which is part of M Group Services, has been awarded a telecommunications network management services contract worth an estimated £13M by Northern Ireland Water.
The initial contract term runs for three years, with the option of two further one year extensions.
Seven companies were in the bidding for the work, which covers the operation and maintenance of Northern Ireland Water’s voice, data and radio networks and associated infrastructure.
Magdalene has been selected to deliver the 24/7 maintenance and capital projects contract that covers Northern Ireland Water’s Cisco Data, Avaya voice & contact centre, microwave radio and UHF radio telemetry networks. The contract will be managed and supported from Magdalene’s carrier-class Network Operations Centre (NOC) facility.
Northern Ireland Water Head of Telemetry & Telecoms Pearse Bradley commented: “Northern Ireland Water are pleased to announce that Magdalene has recently been awarded the Telecommunications Operation and Maintenance of Voice, Data and Radio Contract commencing 1 March 2019. Northern Ireland Water looks forward to working with Magdalene over the next three to five years.”
Magdalene's Account Director for Utilities & Transport Keith Lamport adds: “Magdalene is really pleased to be supporting Northern Ireland Water with this multi-discipline, multi-technology, managed service. The support of Critical National Infrastructures is a key part of both Magdalene’s and M Group Services’ service capability. We look forward to supporting Northern Ireland Water’s infrastructure transformation goals over the next three years.”
- NI Water discharge compliance welcomed Northern Ireland Assembly environment minister Mark H Durkan has welcomed the Northern Ireland Environment Agency (NIEA)... Read More >
- @One Alliance's Dale Evans is the new ICG chair Dale Evans, managing director of Anglian Water's @one Alliance, has been named as the new chair of the Infrastructure... Read More >
- Experts to discuss optimising networks with smart technology How can water companies embrace the disruptive transformation of smart technology to revolutionise networks? Senior... Read More >
- Networking skills: MUS helps Leeds to smarten up Morrison Utility Services has delivered a groundbreaking smart water network project in Leeds on behalf of Yorkshire Water Read More >
- Improving the outcomes-based approach to delivering infrastructure With busy periods approaching across a number of sectors, it is vital to ensure the right approach is in place, Stantec... Read More >
- Veolia putting efficiency into effect As part of Anglian Water's Energy Efficiency and Optimisation framework, Veolia is using its global experience to assist... Read More >
- In Focus: Social value and procurement With social value becoming a key issue across the water sector, how do contractors ensure they measure up? Read More >
- New dimensions: How BIM drove Scottish Water's Tullich WTW project With ESD making extensive use of BIM including 4D visualisation tools, Scottish Water has successfully completed a £29... Read More >