NI Water awards Magdalene telecoms deal
Telecoms infrastructure services provider Magdalene, which is part of M Group Services, has been awarded a telecommunications network management services contract worth an estimated £13M by Northern Ireland Water.
The initial contract term runs for three years, with the option of two further one year extensions.
Seven companies were in the bidding for the work, which covers the operation and maintenance of Northern Ireland Water’s voice, data and radio networks and associated infrastructure.
Magdalene has been selected to deliver the 24/7 maintenance and capital projects contract that covers Northern Ireland Water’s Cisco Data, Avaya voice & contact centre, microwave radio and UHF radio telemetry networks. The contract will be managed and supported from Magdalene’s carrier-class Network Operations Centre (NOC) facility.
Northern Ireland Water Head of Telemetry & Telecoms Pearse Bradley commented: “Northern Ireland Water are pleased to announce that Magdalene has recently been awarded the Telecommunications Operation and Maintenance of Voice, Data and Radio Contract commencing 1 March 2019. Northern Ireland Water looks forward to working with Magdalene over the next three to five years.”
Magdalene's Account Director for Utilities & Transport Keith Lamport adds: “Magdalene is really pleased to be supporting Northern Ireland Water with this multi-discipline, multi-technology, managed service. The support of Critical National Infrastructures is a key part of both Magdalene’s and M Group Services’ service capability. We look forward to supporting Northern Ireland Water’s infrastructure transformation goals over the next three years.”
- Severn Trent Water implements new mobile job management system Severn Trent Water is aiming to cut logistics costs and increase renewable energy output as it implements a new route... Read More >
- Risk averse culture holding back digitalisation, finds survey A risk averse culture within the UK infrastructure sector is restricting the ability of its business to capitalise on the... Read More >
- Flood defences a 'priority' area for infrastructure investment says KPMG KPMG, the professional services company, has published a detailed analysis of the UK government's construction pipeline... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >
- In Focus: Health, safety and wellbeing at Lanes Group Having introduced an array of creative solutions to improve health, safety and wellbeing, Lanes Group is showing the... Read More >
- Meet the WIA Finalists: Water Industry Contractor of the Year In the run-up to the Water Industry Awards, WWT is taking a close look at the companies and initiatives that have made the... Read More >
- MWH Treatment: Building on a legacy MWH Treatment is celebrating its past as well as looking to the future. WET News caught up with MD Paul Bresnan and... Read More >
- Meet the WIA Finalists: DfMA Project of the Year In the run-up to the Water Industry Awards, WWT is taking a close look at the companies and initiatives which have made... Read More >