New trade association formed for concrete drainage
Two existing trade associations that represent manufacturers in the precast concrete drainage industry have merged to form a new organisation, the British Precast Drainage Association.
The new body is the result of the integration of the Concrete Pipeline Systems Association (CPSA) and the Box Culvert Association (BCA), and will take its place takes its place as one of the specialist groups within the British Precast Concrete Federation.
Stuart Crisp, Business Development Director of the BPDA, says: “While the two product groups have distinct characteristics, there is much common ground in the use of concrete products in drainage applications. Bringing the two associations together allows us to combine our resources more efficiently to promote the benefits of precast concrete drainage solutions.”
A distinctive new logo marks the launch of the Association and although rebranding and replacing the wealth of technical data sheets and guidance notes will be a gradual process, a combined new website is now live at www.precastdrainage.co.uk.
“The concrete industry has some compelling product benefits to shout about,” continues Stuart Crisp. “Our mission is to provide measured and accurate information and to counteract situations where inadequate and misleading opinions prevail.”
To find out more about BPDA and its resources, visit https://www.precastdrainage.co.uk/
- Aquatic robot could deal with pipe blockages Researchers at the University of Sheffield have created an aquatic robot which could be used to inspect otherwise... Read More >
- £120M Ayrshire trunk main project enters second phase Scottish Water has started the second phase of its £120M project to construct a new strategic trunk main serving 200,000... Read More >
- Scottish Water completes Fife pipeline project A £4 million project to deliver a transfer pipeline ensuring the reliable supply of water to customers in Fife has been... Read More >
- Sustainable success: RainScape and Greener Grangetown Welsh Water and its project partners soaked up the acclaim at the Water Industry Awards as the SuDS-focused RainScape and... Read More >
- SuDS: Time for a Paradigm Shift? It's time for a rethink on the perception of SuDS and how we can achieve a more sustainable approach to surface water,... Read More >
- Opinion: Add trees for a future water-friendly landscape The time is now to put trees at the heart of land management policy and reap all the benefits they provide, The Woodland... Read More >
- Opinion: The added benefits of natural flood defences The theme of this year's World Water Day is exploring how we can use nature to overcome the water challenges of the 21st... Read More >
- Interview: Stantec UK MD Cath Schefer After MWH merged into Stantec, the combined business is putting the focus squarely on collaboration and innovation to find... Read More >