New Kier CEO to lead strategic review
Kier has announced that new chief executive Andrew Davies will lead a strategic review of the group as it seeks to get back into the black.
Kier said Davies' strategic review will consider ways of further simplifying the company to create a more focused group, the allocation of capital resources across the group and additional steps to improve cash generation and reduce leverage.
The company said the work will build on the efforts of the board in recent months and the efforts of the Future Proofing Kier programme.
The conclusions of the review will be announced in July.
Kier Group purchased May Gurney in 2013, Mouchel in 2015 and McNicholas in 2017 and, while the acquisitions have brought significant growth in revenue, debts reached more than £400 million last year.
Kier completed a £250 million rights issue in December, which brought the net debt position at the end of 2018 down to £180.5 million.
- Clancy Docwra, Kier secure leakage detection contract with Anglian Clancy Docwra and Kier have been awarded a contract to carry out leakage detection services for Anglian Water as part of... Read More >
- Renationalisation may cost just £14.5 billion, Moody's says The cost of renationalising the water industry could be significantly lower than previous estimates, according to new... Read More >
- Severn Trent reveals first contractors for AMP7 Severn Trent has announced the details of the first contractors it intends to use to deliver its c£2 billion investment in... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >
- In Focus: Health, safety and wellbeing at Lanes Group Having introduced an array of creative solutions to improve health, safety and wellbeing, Lanes Group is showing the... Read More >
- Meet the WIA Finalists: Water Industry Contractor of the Year In the run-up to the Water Industry Awards, WWT is taking a close look at the companies and initiatives that have made the... Read More >
- MWH Treatment: Building on a legacy MWH Treatment is celebrating its past as well as looking to the future. WET News caught up with MD Paul Bresnan and... Read More >