New digital forum for water resource and sustainability leaders
WWT Water Security conference moves to virtual platform
WWT’s 2020 Water Security conference will now take place as a digital event, it has been confirmed.
Water Security in a Changing Environment, which is now set to take place on 10-11 June, will be supported by a wealth of senior industry speakers on a technology platform which allows participants to learn, interact and connect with their peers. The event was moved to “virtual” venue in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
It also takes place as the UK water sector moves to combat an increasingly urgent water scarcity challenge due to a combination of climate change impacts and population growth. In 2019, Environment Agency chief executive Sir James Bevan warned that these converging forces will push the UK water sector into a “jaws of death” scenario within 25 years if radical action is not taken very soon.
Confirmed speakers for Water Security in a Changing Environment include: Marcus Rink, chief inspector, DWI; Paul Hickey, managing director of Rapid; Jean Spencer, chair, National Water Resources Framework and Yvette de Garis, head of environmental engagement.
Also confirmed to speak is Ben Earl, head of water efficiency at Southern Water and a driving force behind its Target 100 campaign to reduce per capita consumption across its severely water stressed licence area.
Looking ahead to the conference, Earl said he looked forward to seeing how the conference will convene industry leaders around “complex cross-boundary issues” within the UK ‘s water security challenge. He said looked forward to building on the “rewarding experience” Southern Water has already gained from working with neighbouring water companies in the South East.
To learn more about the conference agenda and how the unique networking and learning experiences supported by the event’s new virtual venue, visit: https://event.wwtonline.co.uk/security
- Southern Water to cut customer service jobs Southern Water has confirmed that many customer service roles will be moving to outsourcing giant Capita. Read More >
- £10.5m funding for new collaborative research centre A £10.5 million investment will fund a pioneering new collaborative research centre that is designed to solve some of the... Read More >
- Costain JV selected by Southern Water as AMP7 partner Costain and its existing joint venture partner MWH Treatment have been selected by Southern Water to extend the AMP6... Read More >
- An organic approach to water treatment Robert Denny, Sales Manager at Veolia Water Technologies UK (VWT UK) describes the benefits of specifying alternative... Read More >
- Flood resilience: what you need to know Geoff Williams, northern sales manager at Sykes Pumps, discusses the need for businesses and local authorities to think... Read More >
- Come together to beat climate change Northumbrian Water chief executive Heidi Mottram's motivational message to the water sector on the opportunities and... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- How the water sector is moving to be net zero Water companies have ambitious plans to reach net zero carbon by 2030, ahead of commitments made by other industries, but... Read More >