New chief executive for UKWIR
Steve Kaye has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer of UKWIR, replacing Hans Jensen, who is stepping down after 7 years' service.
As Head of innovation at Anglian Water, Kaye is a well-known figure in the UK water industry having worked in the sector for over 25 years. A chartered mechanical engineer, he started his career in the manufacturing industry where he was involved in R&D and design. At Anglian Water, he has held key roles in capital delivery and operations and more recently as head of innovation; he also developed and led the company’s Open Innovation strategy.
Kaye has an MBA from City University in London and is also a visiting professor at Imperial College and Brunel University.
“Steve is widely known in the UK water industry, with a wealth of experience as Head of Research and Innovation at Anglian Water,” said UKWIR in a statement. “He will be ideally placed to engage UKWIR with the membership and other collaborative stakeholders across the industry. Steve and the UKWIR team will deliver the strategic research programme, promoted and delivered efficiently to the membership and other collaborative stakeholders.”
Kaye will assume his new role in September 2018, and will be based at UKWIR’s HQ in London.
UKWIR was set up by the UK water industry in 1993 to provide a framework for the procurement of a common research programme for UK water operators on 'one voice' issues. UKWIR's members comprise 20 water and sewerage undertakers in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
- Whale named new Atkins water market director Atkins has appointed Richard Whale as its new water market director, responsible for leading the company's drive for... Read More >
- More water companies sought for collaborative project WRc is seeking more water companies to take part in a new collaboration aimed at transforming the management of water... Read More >
- South East Water partners with Centrica Hive to cut leakage South East Water and smart home technology provider Centrica Hive have announced the first domestic household water... Read More >
- Digital technologies ready to impact water industry efficiency ABB's UK water manager for drives, Clayton Mead, shares some ideas on tackling water industry challenges in 2020 and... Read More >
- Delivering innovation through collaboration Dwr Cymru Welsh Water innovation scientist Euan Hampton says the company is seeing the benefits of opening itself up to... Read More >
- Through the keyhole: The King's Scholars' Pond project The use of keyhole engineering on Thames Water's King's Scholars' Pond project saved money and carbon while keeping London... Read More >
- Anglian and ESW join forces on Innovate East Essex & Suffolk Water and Anglian Water came together to stage a three-day innovation event in September, producing a raft... Read More >
- Has offsite manufacturing's moment arrived? Rich Matthews, managing director at Siltbuster Process Solutions, believes it is time for the water sector to reap the... Read More >