New CFO for Yorkshire Water
Johns to join Yorkshire from Northumbrian Water
Yorkshire Water, and its ultimate parent company Kelda Holdings Limited, today announces that it has promoted Chris Johns to become chief financial officer, with effect from 1 June 2020.
Johns is currently finance director of Northumbrian Water Limited, a role he has held since January 2013. He was previously finance director of Northern Gas Networks between 2006 and 2013 and before that worked in the regulated financial services industry in both Yorkshire and London.
Commenting on his appointment, Yorkshire Water chief executive Liz Barber said "Chris brings wide financial experience from a number of regulated businesses and will be a great asset to the company. His appointment largely completes the changes we've been making to our leadership team which means that as we start the new five year period we have a strong balance of operating and financial expertise in place to help us reshape the company to deliver what our customers and Yorkshire expect of us."
Johns succeeds Barber, who was chief financial officer until being appointed to take over from CEO Richard Flint, who retired in September 2019.
- Getting on in your health and safety career Health and safety leaders offer professional development tips for those aspiring to a career which put care for colleagues... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- Outsourcing the skills supply problem Paul MacFarlane, HR director for utilities at Amey, on tackling the industry-wide skills challenge Read More >
- Model behaviour: Project 13 Project 13 was developed to provide a route map to a sustainable, innovative and highly skilled industry. With those... Read More >