Network Rail's pump rental deal for Selwood
Pump rental specialist Selwood has been awarded a three-year contract to supply pumping solutions to Network Rail for use on two of its key routes in and out of London.
Selwood was successful in a tender process to become a preferred supplier to the network for the London North Western and London North Eastern & East Midlands Routes. In a further success for Selwood, the Wales Route has subsequently been added to the agreement.
The contract confirms Selwood as one of Network Rail’s preferred suppliers of diesel and electric pumps for rental, and gives Network Rail the option to purchase pumps from the company if required.
Selwood has committed to providing its 24/7 callout services to Network Rail, including emergency cover and support for a range of planned maintenance and refurbishment operations. Equipment and engineers could be deployed for Network Rail from Selwood’s nationwide network of pump rental centres, with the contract covering the area along the routes from London all the way up to the Scottish borders.
Richard Brown, Selwood’s managing director for UK Pump Rental, said: “We are delighted to add Network Rail to the long list of partners which have chosen Selwood as a preferred supplier. Our industry-leading nationwide network of rental centres, coupled with our reputation for outstanding response times and gold-standard customer service, were key reasons for the success of this tender.”
- New wastewater pumping system boosts efficiency at Heathrow A more efficient pumping system for wastewater has allowed Heathrow Airport's Water Services division to save money and... Read More >
- ‘Monster' sewage grinders protect Scottish Water pumping station Scottish Water has resolved ragging issues at a problematic pumping station by the installation of two innovative sewage... Read More >
- Water firms will have to review investment to protect assets Water companies, as some of the highest energy users in the UK, have been impacted considerably by interruptions to the... Read More >
- Benefits of variable speed drives in borehole pumping Borehole and submersible pumping can benefit from the use of variable speed drives, but specialist expertise is required Read More >
- Increasing biogas yields from thickened sludge High-performance pumping was crucial to an Anglian Water project to improve the yield of biogas from sludge at a... Read More >
- Pump maintenance: keeping it pumping Maintaining pumps in top condition is a vital consideration in the totex equation for pumping assets, and water utilities... Read More >
- Why do motors fail? Pump motors can run for half a century if they are properly maintained, writes Dave Hawley Read More >
- Becoming a smart pump buyer When specifying a new pumping system, asset owners need to be able to answer key questions about their requirements,... Read More >