MWH recruits lead sustainability consultant in the UK
Dr Krisztina Bordacs has become lead sustainability consultant for MWH, responsible for growing the group's sustainability consulting business in the UK.
She will deliver a range of services including environmental risk appraisal, carbon and water foot-printing of infrastructure solutions, energy audit and efficiency, sustainability assessment and sustainable drainage for UK water companies and other clients.
A Chartered Chemical Engineer, Dr Bordacs has more than 25 years of multi-sector experience within the fields of environmental management and sustainability in the UK, US and worldwide. She has a Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering and her Ph.D thesis was in wastewater R&D to develop nutrient removal systems for municipal wastewater treatment and then novel systems (fluid bed reactors) for industrial wastewater treatment, respectively.
Adrian Johnson, sustainability technical director for MWH, said: “We are really thrilled that Krisztina has come to join us here at MWH. The expertise she brings to the business will enhance the sustainability and environmental support we provide and the solutions we offer to our clients. This will prove invaluable as we continue to grow our service offering within this sector.”
- Kier sells Mouchel Consulting for £75M Kier Group has sold Mouchel Consulting to WSP Global for a total consideration of £75M, satisfied in cash, as it continues... Read More >
- Thames Water issues tender for final section of Tideway Tunnel The tender for the third and final section of the Thames Tideway Tunnel has been released by Thames Water, with the... Read More >
- Balfour Beatty sees reduced revenue for its gas and water business Balfour Beatty has blamed the dip in the UK water regulatory cycle between the completion of AMP5 and new contracts... Read More >
- A glass half-full? Bringing water costs down for utility customers Mark Bullock, Balfour Beatty chief executive officer for rail and utilities, says the water sector must change its... Read More >
- INWED 2019: 'Each step was driven by choosing work I enjoy' To mark International Women in Engineering Day 2019 on 23 June, Fiona Barbour discusses her journey to becoming Mott... Read More >
- Interview: Kier Utilities' water MD Nigel Dyer Kier Utilities' Nigel Dyer tells Robin Hackett how the company is evolving to meet the changing demands on the water... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >