Multi-liner sewer rehabilitation project hailed a success
A multi-disciplinary team of drainage engineers from Lanes Group has completed the lining of a drainage pipe nearly one kilometre long on behalf of a contractor working for Scottish Water.
The project involved installing five separate liners, one of them 200 metres long, in a surface water pipe across farmland near Kelso in the Scottish Borders.
Drainage and utilities specialist Lanes was commissioned to carry out the lining works by ABV, a joint venture of Amey and Black & Veatch, an infrastructure development alliance partner with Scottish Water.
Lanes business development manager David Beveridge said: "This was a difficult task that drew on the expertise and experience of teams from across Lanes.
"Working in partnership with ABV and Scottish Water, we delivered a complex lining project on time and on budget, to the high quality expected by Scottish Water, and with no incidents reported.
"By using our latest ultraviolet (UV) light cured in place pipeline (CIPP) technology, we could line the pipe in the shortest possible time, with least disruption, and with the most sustainable outcome for our client."
The task given to Lanes was to line an 876m-long and 300mm-diameter perforated surface water pipe running across fields from the village of Stichill towards the town of Kelso.
- Scientists develop machine that transforms dirty water into drinkable supply Testing has begun at UWE Bristol on a portable purification system that could bring clean drinking water to areas of the... Read More >
- Organisations looking for inventors to help Dragonfly idea take flight Northumbrian Water, CGI and the Water Hub are offering inventors and creators up to £25,000 to help them turn an idea... Read More >
- Group set up to develop standards for fibre deployment in wastewater network Five water companies have joined forces to launch a Technical User Group (TUG) which will create a set of guidelines for... Read More >
- How to achieve improved reliability of service Richard Broome, managing director and founder of LSBUD, talks about why a consistent service is key to customer... Read More >
- Expansion of SuDS schemes will help alleviate flooding events David Smoker, chair of BPF Pipes Group, talks about how the expansion of the UK government's SuDS scheme should help solve Read More >
- How to bake a connected water network Rik Gunderson, utility client director at Software AG, tells us how to "bake" a smart water network. Read More >
- Techniques to Inform and improve aeration system design and operation Rowland Minall, Operations Director, Aqua Enviro explains the techniques available to inform and improve aeration system... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >