Multi-liner sewer rehabilitation project hailed a success
A multi-disciplinary team of drainage engineers from Lanes Group has completed the lining of a drainage pipe nearly one kilometre long on behalf of a contractor working for Scottish Water.
The project involved installing five separate liners, one of them 200 metres long, in a surface water pipe across farmland near Kelso in the Scottish Borders.
Drainage and utilities specialist Lanes was commissioned to carry out the lining works by ABV, a joint venture of Amey and Black & Veatch, an infrastructure development alliance partner with Scottish Water.
Lanes business development manager David Beveridge said: "This was a difficult task that drew on the expertise and experience of teams from across Lanes.
"Working in partnership with ABV and Scottish Water, we delivered a complex lining project on time and on budget, to the high quality expected by Scottish Water, and with no incidents reported.
"By using our latest ultraviolet (UV) light cured in place pipeline (CIPP) technology, we could line the pipe in the shortest possible time, with least disruption, and with the most sustainable outcome for our client."
The task given to Lanes was to line an 876m-long and 300mm-diameter perforated surface water pipe running across fields from the village of Stichill towards the town of Kelso.
- Amey launches new apprenticeship programme Amey is working with Severn Trent to deliver a new apprenticeship programme that aims to address a key skills gap in the... Read More >
- Scottish Water completes £2.2m bathing water improvements A £2.2m investment project to help protect and enhance the environment of the Firth of Clyde and coastal waters in Largs... Read More >
- Scottish Water installs ground-mounted solar at Glassford reservoir Scottish Water has installed 532 ground-mounted solar panels at its service reservoir in Glassford, following a £185,000... Read More >
- Expansion of SuDS schemes will help alleviate flooding events David Smoker, chair of BPF Pipes Group, talks about how the expansion of the UK government's SuDS scheme should help solve Read More >
- How to bake a connected water network Rik Gunderson, utility client director at Software AG, tells us how to "bake" a smart water network. Read More >
- Techniques to Inform and improve aeration system design and operation Rowland Minall, Operations Director, Aqua Enviro explains the techniques available to inform and improve aeration system... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- Carrying out a pipeline assessment A look at how Anglian Water used pipeline assessment technology to determine the condition and remaining service life of a... Read More >