Morrison Data Services snaps up Meter-U
Morrison Data Services, a leading UK data collection, data management and meter maintenance service provider to UK energy suppliers, has bought Meter-U, a wholly- owned subsidiary of the EnServe Group.
Predominantly offering services to water utilities, Meter-U’s services include meter reading and data collection services for domestic and non-domestic premises. Other services include meter data management, leakage reporting, client revenue protection and meter replacement activities. With a field force of more than 400 personnel, the company manages the data from four million meters, collecting 17 million-plus meter reads a year throughout the UK and Ireland.
Simon Best, managing director of Morrison Data Services, said: “Meter-U’s service offering to water utility companies mirrors those that we provide to the energy sector. This acquisition will enable Morrison Data Services to further develop our utility data collection field force in the UK and combine our joint capabilities across both energy and water.
“With a strong order book and long-term frameworks secured with a number of major utility companies, this acquisition will present significant, ongoing growth and diversification opportunities for our business.”
Matthew Hardcastle, managing firector of Meter-U, said: “Meter-U is delighted to join forces with Morrison Data Services as we look to identify growth opportunities and capitalise upon our expertise, particularly in water retail data collection activities. Our acquisition by Morrison Data Services is a natural and important step in our evolution and will offer numerous benefits as we become part of a larger infrastructure service provider group.”
Morrison group chief executive Jim Arnold added: “We are delighted to welcome Meter-U to the group. This acquisition will provide Morrison Data Services with a strategic platform for further growth and expansion into the water sector and we look forward to working with the team to identify and develop the new areas of opportunity this brings.”
- United Utilities rolls out record leakage investment United Utilities is rolling out the biggest acoustic logger project in the world in a bid to tackle water leakage. Read More >
- Multi-liner sewer rehabilitation project hailed a success A multi-disciplinary team of drainage engineers from Lanes Group has completed the lining of a drainage pipe nearly one... Read More >
- Kier wins maintenance deal at Sembcorp Bournemouth Water Sembcorp Bournemouth Water (SBW) has announced that Kier is the new delivery partner for its £3.5M a year planned and... Read More >
- Moving towards maintenance 4.0 Water utilities need to embrace smart asset management technologies but that is only part of the solution, writes Chris... Read More >
- A data-led approach to clearing FOG Water utilities have a major challenge working with local food businesses to prevent fats, oils and grease entering the... Read More >
- The robots aren't coming... they're already here Stantec lead design engineer Dan Causley looks at advances in technology and their role in boosting productivity in the... Read More >
- Opinion: A smarter way to read the water network Smart metering technology could be the key to closing water companies' knowledge gaps about usage in their network -... Read More >
- Smart thinking: The digital asset management revolution With many of the pieces now in place for a digital asset management revolution, AI and machine learning solutions are set... Read More >