MGJV secures £14.6M pipeline contract with Southern
The joint venture between Galliford Try and Morrison Utility Services (MGJV) has been awarded a £14.6 million contract by framework client Southern Water to lay a 10km pipeline in West Sussex.
Made from a combination of polyethylene and ductile iron pipe up to 300mm in diameter, the new wastewater transfer main, with three new pumping stations, will run from the west of Chichester to the Tangmere treatment works in the east, which Galliford Try upgraded with a new inlet works last year.
The new infrastructure is necessary to connect three major housing developments of 3,800 homes in the catchment to the sewer network while complying with Environment Agency consents to limit storm discharges from the existing Chichester treatment works into the harbour.
Following a year of archaeology, the 18-month programme starts in March.
The route of the pipeline includes schools, universities, private hospitals and the River Lavant and will require directional drilling under the A27 dual carriageway.
Ian Jones, managing director of Galliford Try Environment, said: "The Chichester pipeline further strengthens our long-standing partnership with Southern Water."
- Galliford Try names Prothero as chief executive Galliford Try has appointed Graham Prothero as its new chief executive with immediate effect. Read More >
- Companies submit improvement plans after Beast from the East Water companies across England and Wales will today (28 September) submit plans detailing how they are addressing the... Read More >
- Severn Trent Water spends £2M in new pipeline Morgan Sindall is to install a new two-and-a-half mile water pipeline between Perry Barr Reservoir and Barr Beacon... Read More >
- Meet the WIA Finalists: Water Industry Contractor of the Year In the run-up to the Water Industry Awards, WWT is taking a close look at the companies and initiatives that have made the... Read More >
- MWH Treatment: Building on a legacy MWH Treatment is celebrating its past as well as looking to the future. WET News caught up with MD Paul Bresnan and... Read More >
- Meet the WIA Finalists: DfMA Project of the Year In the run-up to the Water Industry Awards, WWT is taking a close look at the companies and initiatives which have made... Read More >
- Networking skills: MUS helps Leeds to smarten up Morrison Utility Services has delivered a groundbreaking smart water network project in Leeds on behalf of Yorkshire Water Read More >
- Improving the outcomes-based approach to delivering infrastructure With busy periods approaching across a number of sectors, it is vital to ensure the right approach is in place, Stantec... Read More >