Less than a week left to register for Ofwat webinar
Readers have less than a week left to register for WWT's Cracking Innovation Together webinar, which is being run in association with Ofwat, to highlight the regulator's plans to drive transformational innovation.
As part of the webinar, which is taking place next Monday (16 March) at 2pm, the regulator will also be addressing key strategic challenges such as climate change and population growth.
The discussion will challenge the water companies, supply chain and other key actors to step up and take a leading role in encouraging the necessary change and embedding a culture of innovation in the sector.
With the water regulator recently confirming that an additional £200 million will be made available through an innovation competition between 2020 and 2025 and calling on the water companies to come together through a new innovation strategy, Ofwat will also provide an update on where they are in the process, what they want to achieve through the innovation competition and their plans around open data.
Those who sign up for the webinar will get the opportunity to submit questions to speaker Clothilde Cantegreil, who has been leading the innovation work at Ofwat since she joined the regulator in June 2019.
The discussion will also feature Denise Massey, managing director at the Energy Innovation Centre (EIC), who will share her experience of how fostering collaboration and partnerships in other sectors has led to improvements in innovation.
Key takeaways will include:
- Hearing what Ofwat’s ambitions and expectations are for innovation in the sector
- Finding out how your organisation can play a leading role and work collaboratively with others to drive innovation forward
- Gaining a perspective from another sector
- Understanding next steps on the innovation competition
WWT content director Alec Peachey said: “This event represents a great opportunity to hear more about Ofwat’s innovation competition and to put your questions to the regulator about this important subject area. We’ve already received a strong number of registrations and I’d encourage everyone to register for this exciting event.”
- United Utilities begins global hunt for gamechanging tech United Utilities has launched its third Innovation Lab - the accelerator programme which helps innovative businesses grow... Read More >
- Ofwat pushes forward with innovation funding plans Ofwat has unveiled details of how it will design and implement its innovation fund using two types of annual competition,... Read More >
- Water technology unveiled at UU Innovation Lab Demo Day Eight suppliers took part in United Utilities' Innovation Lab Demo Day with leak detection, sewer inspection and flood... Read More >
- Making the future the present Harry Cowan, chief executive of Power and Water Ltd challenges water industry decision makers and the regulator to eschew... Read More >
- Water Innovation 2050: what next for the sector? Welcome to 2050. The Innovation 2050 document has been published, setting out the key principles of an innovation... Read More >
- Innovation could improve performance and transform water The Environment Agency's 2019 environmental performance report highlights some of the complex challenges facing water... Read More >
- Maximising water efficiency savings from smart meters and adapting to lockdown From 1 September, Thames Water will restart its award-winning programme of in-home water efficiency visits having used... Read More >
- UKWP releases Digital Water whitepaper and call to action UKWP identifies next steps to help UK plc win its share of $30 billion digital revolution in water Read More >