Lanes buys UKDN Waterflow from administration
The business and certain assets of wastewater and drainage services providers UKDN Waterflow and UKDN Waterflow Technical Services have been bought by Lanes Utilities for an undisclosed figure. The two UKDN businesses were in administration, with Deloitte appointed administrator.
Lanes Utilities said the businesses complement the existing service provisions of its parent company, Lanes Group, within the highways, rail, utility, insurance and commercial sectors.
Wayne Earnshaw, managing director of Lanes Group, said: “The acquisition of these businesses is part of our continuing expansion strategy. It will contribute to our business growth, in terms of our ability to serve current customers, and attract new ones.”
The acquisition reinforces Lanes Group's position as a leading service provider in the UK within the wastewater and drainage market sector, enhancing the company’s future growth and performance, strengthening the assets available, and providing even greater geographic presence.
The acquisition agreement was signed last Thursday (November 5), having been approved by the administrators, Matt Cowlishaw and Paul Meadows, of Deloitte.
- Severn Trent customers prefer taste of tap water over bottled Severn Trent has been asking for its customers' views on water quality to assess how it will shape its business plan for... Read More >
- NMCNomenca wins Severn Trent AMP6 deal NMCNomenca is to help deliver Severn Trent Water's next phase of upgrade and improvement works as part of a £400-£500M... Read More >
- Nippon Koei gazumps Arcadis to take over Hyder Consulting Japanese engineering consultant Nippon Koei UK Topco is to acquire Hyder Consulting in a deal worth £268.1M. The deal... Read More >
- BIM: Managing Information Better NM Group has just earned verification from BSI for working at BIM level 2, but according to Gary Ross, Head of Digital... Read More >
- Jersey's shining sludge plant sets new standards When Jersey's Department for Infrastructure and Doosan Enpure had to replace Bellozanne sewage treatment works, they... Read More >
- Odour control: Galliford Try puts a lid on it The Galliford Try water team working for Southern Water is using an innovative cover system for two sludge consolidation... Read More >
- Workforce wellbeing: opening Pandora's Box Caring about the wellbeing of your workforce in the utilities sector requires maturity and tenacity, writes Lanes Group... Read More >
- Interview: Costain water sector director Maxine Mayhew Costain water sector director Maxine Mayhew discusses the company's shift towards smart infrastructure solutions and the... Read More >