Kijlstra supplies drainage products for Glasgow wastewater improvements
A variety of precast concrete drainage products from Kijlstra have been supplied to Scottish Water's SR15 waste alliance partner aBV, which comprises Amey and Black & Veatch, for use on the wastewater improvement project in Glasgow.
Structures being installed at various sites in and around Glasgow are the pre-assembled Vario CSO chambers, which measure up to 5m x 3m, plus larger CSOs and holding tanks constructed using Kijlstra’s panel system.
At Elmvale Row, just north of the city centre, aBV is installing three structures – a screen chamber, flow splitter chamber and a valve chamber - assembled using components from Kijlstra’s panel system. The screen chamber and flow splitter chambers have already been installed.
The contractor is also constructing two 25m-diameter underground stormwater storage tanks as segmental shafts at this location using a caisson system.
At nearby Avonspark Street, a similar tank constructed from Kijlstra’s Vario range has also been installed.
South of the city at Hugh Murray Grove in Cambuslang, aBV has constructed a CSO using a combined in-situ/precast design. Kijlstra precast panels have again been used here to create the base slabs and roof slabs.
Close by in the Rutherglen district, aBV is installing a large CSO using the panel system. This chamber, with internal dimensions of 5.1m x 2.7m and 4m in depth, is currently in production at Kijlstra’s factory in Henlade, Somerset.
Kijlstra has been nominated as a preferred supplier during SR15 and its products have already been installed on numerous other contracts.
- Scottish Water tackles sewer flooding in Glasgow's Baillieston area Scottish Water is investing £3.6M to tackle sewer flooding in part of the Baillieston area of Glasgow, directly benefiting... Read More >
- Scottish Water to start River Clyde investigative work Investigative work in and around the River Clyde in Glasgow is to be carried out by Scottish Water ahead of its planned... Read More >
- Key Shieldhall Tunnel stage complete The Costain-Vinci Construction Grands Projets Joint Venture team has reached a key milestone in its £85M construction of... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: Protect against sewer flooding At a time when building flood resilience is a national priority, innovative technologies can help keep sewer flooding... Read More >
- Tunnel vision: Building the Shieldhall sewer superstructure The Shieldhall Tunnel is Scotland's biggest sewer superstructure. Scottish Water's Dominic Flanagan and Costain's Neil... Read More >
- CENTAUR: Upsizing sewer storage The Water Industry Award-winning CENTAUR offers ‘virtual storage' within sewer networks to cut flood risk and reduce CSO... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: Fighting the FOG Our innovation specials continue with an examination of new measures to improve sewer health by tackling fats, oils and... Read More >
- Top Tips for specifying concrete manholes Stuart Crisp, business development director for the British Precast Drainage Association, gives his top tips for... Read More >