Kier names Davies as new chief executive
Kier Group has announced the appointment of Andrew Davies as chief executive with effect from 15 April.
From 2014 to 2018, Davies was CEO of Wates Group, the construction, developments and property services group.
In October 2017, he was announced as the chief executive of Carillion but, before he took up the role, the company became insolvent.
Prior to leading Wates, Davies spent over 28 years with BAE Systems, undertaking a range of senior operational and corporate roles, including group strategy director and, latterly, managing director of the Maritime Division.
Davies is also a non-executive director of Chemring Group.
Philip Cox, executive chairman of Kier, said: “Andrew has a strong track record of business leadership and his operational experience across a number of sectors, combined with his strategic approach, make him an excellent fit for Kier.
"On behalf of the board, I would like to welcome Andrew to the group and I look forward to working with him.”
Davies added: “I am delighted to be joining Kier as chief executive. Kier has established market-leading positions through developing long-term client relationships and delivering excellent client service.
"I look forward to leading Kier in consolidating those positions and to bringing a renewed focus on simplifying the group, improving cashflow generation and reducing net debt, whilst maintaining the group’s disciplined approach to risk management.”
With effect from 15 April, Cox will resume his role as non-executive chairman.
- Two new board appointments for Wessex Water Wessex Water Services has announced the appointment of Andy Pymer as managing director and James Rider as chief operating... Read More >
- South West Water's H5O delivery alliance evolves South West Water has announced that it has made changes to its H5O alliance, while Stantec has been handed the contract... Read More >
- Water UK shakes up top team with two new directors Water UK has appointed two new directors as part of a restructuring of the industry body's leadership team. Read More >
- Meet the WIA Finalists: Water Industry Contractor of the Year In the run-up to the Water Industry Awards, WWT is taking a close look at the companies and initiatives that have made the... Read More >
- MWH Treatment: Building on a legacy MWH Treatment is celebrating its past as well as looking to the future. WET News caught up with MD Paul Bresnan and... Read More >
- Meet the WIA Finalists: DfMA Project of the Year In the run-up to the Water Industry Awards, WWT is taking a close look at the companies and initiatives which have made... Read More >
- Networking skills: MUS helps Leeds to smarten up Morrison Utility Services has delivered a groundbreaking smart water network project in Leeds on behalf of Yorkshire Water Read More >
- Improving the outcomes-based approach to delivering infrastructure With busy periods approaching across a number of sectors, it is vital to ensure the right approach is in place, Stantec... Read More >