Kier names Davies as new chief executive
Kier Group has announced the appointment of Andrew Davies as chief executive with effect from 15 April.
From 2014 to 2018, Davies was CEO of Wates Group, the construction, developments and property services group.
In October 2017, he was announced as the chief executive of Carillion but, before he took up the role, the company became insolvent.
Prior to leading Wates, Davies spent over 28 years with BAE Systems, undertaking a range of senior operational and corporate roles, including group strategy director and, latterly, managing director of the Maritime Division.
Davies is also a non-executive director of Chemring Group.
Philip Cox, executive chairman of Kier, said: “Andrew has a strong track record of business leadership and his operational experience across a number of sectors, combined with his strategic approach, make him an excellent fit for Kier.
"On behalf of the board, I would like to welcome Andrew to the group and I look forward to working with him.”
Davies added: “I am delighted to be joining Kier as chief executive. Kier has established market-leading positions through developing long-term client relationships and delivering excellent client service.
"I look forward to leading Kier in consolidating those positions and to bringing a renewed focus on simplifying the group, improving cashflow generation and reducing net debt, whilst maintaining the group’s disciplined approach to risk management.”
With effect from 15 April, Cox will resume his role as non-executive chairman.
- Kier reappointed to NSA Framework Kier has been successfully reappointed to the Network Services Alliance (NSA) Framework by South West Water. Read More >
- Sarah Bentley confirmed as new Thames Water CEO Bentley joins Thames from Severn Trent Read More >
- Kier Group outlines streamlining plans after strategic review Kier Group has announced that it will streamline its activities to focus on regional building, infrastructure, utilities... Read More >
- A glass half-full? Bringing water costs down for utility customers Mark Bullock, Balfour Beatty chief executive officer for rail and utilities, says the water sector must change its... Read More >
- INWED 2019: 'Each step was driven by choosing work I enjoy' To mark International Women in Engineering Day 2019 on 23 June, Fiona Barbour discusses her journey to becoming Mott... Read More >
- Interview: Kier Utilities' water MD Nigel Dyer Kier Utilities' Nigel Dyer tells Robin Hackett how the company is evolving to meet the changing demands on the water... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >