Jamie Woods joins MWH as client service director
Jamie Woods has been appointed client service director at MWH Global in the UK. He is responsible for overseeing, providing support and boosting major client operations in the South.
Woods has 20 years experience in multimarket engineering consulting, and has held senior positions in the industry such as operating group director at Mouchel, and more recently as interim chief engineer at Southern Water, supporting the building of an in-house Engineering Division.
Commenting on his appointment Cath Schefer, managing director for MWH in the UK, said: “I am delighted that Jamie has decided to join us as his background and skills set align so well with our current UK requirements. We already have a substantial operations profile in the South of the UK and Jamie’s significant client advisory and managerial experience will be invaluable as we continue to drive growth and our service offering in the region.”
Woods added: “‘I have been very impressed by MWH’s high profile presence in the sector over recent years and its commitment to drive an ambitious growth plan centred on the highest levels of client service coupled with innovative solutions. I am excited to be joining the business and look forward to playing a part as its UK proposition evolves.”
- Peruvian university uses billboard to make water from thin air The University of Engineering and Technology in Peru has developed a novel way of encouraging more people to pursue... Read More >
- Severn Trent trials trace metal monitor Severn Trent Water has trialled a Modern Water trace metal monitor for use at one of its water treatment works. The... Read More >
- Nationalisation debate a valuable wake-up call - Defra's Dr Catovsky Defra's Dr Sebastian Catovsky has said the renationalisation debate may be "the wake- up call the sector needed". Read More >
- A glass half-full? Bringing water costs down for utility customers Mark Bullock, Balfour Beatty chief executive officer for rail and utilities, says the water sector must change its... Read More >
- INWED 2019: 'Each step was driven by choosing work I enjoy' To mark International Women in Engineering Day 2019 on 23 June, Fiona Barbour discusses her journey to becoming Mott... Read More >
- Interview: Kier Utilities' water MD Nigel Dyer Kier Utilities' Nigel Dyer tells Robin Hackett how the company is evolving to meet the changing demands on the water... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >