Jamie Woods joins MWH as client service director
Jamie Woods has been appointed client service director at MWH Global in the UK. He is responsible for overseeing, providing support and boosting major client operations in the South.
Woods has 20 years experience in multimarket engineering consulting, and has held senior positions in the industry such as operating group director at Mouchel, and more recently as interim chief engineer at Southern Water, supporting the building of an in-house Engineering Division.
Commenting on his appointment Cath Schefer, managing director for MWH in the UK, said: “I am delighted that Jamie has decided to join us as his background and skills set align so well with our current UK requirements. We already have a substantial operations profile in the South of the UK and Jamie’s significant client advisory and managerial experience will be invaluable as we continue to drive growth and our service offering in the region.”
Woods added: “‘I have been very impressed by MWH’s high profile presence in the sector over recent years and its commitment to drive an ambitious growth plan centred on the highest levels of client service coupled with innovative solutions. I am excited to be joining the business and look forward to playing a part as its UK proposition evolves.”
- Yorkshire Water uses innovative liner on Wetherby pipes Yorkshire Water has employed an innovative technique in Wetherby that extends the life of water pipes and removes the need... Read More >
- Engineering firm Owen Pugh goes into administration Cashflow problems that arose as a result of loss-making projects have been blamed for North-east engineering company Owen... Read More >
- AECOM hires chief exec for EMIA major bids Infrastructure services company AECOM has hired John Priestland as chief executive, major bids and corporate development,... Read More >
- A glass half-full? Bringing water costs down for utility customers Mark Bullock, Balfour Beatty chief executive officer for rail and utilities, says the water sector must change its... Read More >
- INWED 2019: 'Each step was driven by choosing work I enjoy' To mark International Women in Engineering Day 2019 on 23 June, Fiona Barbour discusses her journey to becoming Mott... Read More >
- Interview: Kier Utilities' water MD Nigel Dyer Kier Utilities' Nigel Dyer tells Robin Hackett how the company is evolving to meet the changing demands on the water... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >