Jacopa enters tertiary treatment market
Wastewater systems and solutions provider Jacopa is entering the UK and Ireland tertiary treatment market with a range of high-performance, low-operating cost, cloth media tertiary filters for wastewater treatment.
The move marks a watershed for the company as it consolidates and builds on its wastewater treatment expertise to provide a one-stop-shop for wastewater treatment products and services.
The FFP fixed plate cloth media filters are manufactured by American company Fluidyne, an established innovator in filtration technologies which supplies wastewater process equipment and technology across the world. The FFP filters are recognised internationally as an ideal solution for phosphorus removal in wastewater treatment works, and have a wide range of further applications.
As volumes of wastewater generated in the UK and Ireland continue to grow so does the market for wastewater treatment technologies. In industry, new applications for reused water are rapidly emerging, and more efficient water recycling and process technologies can lead to a reduced water footprint across the water utility and industrial sectors.
The deployment of tertiary treatment processes to polish effluents, reducing concentrations of suspended solids is well established and requirements to achieve higher standards is leading to increased interest in priority substance removal including phosphorus, putting more reliance upon tertiary treatment to maintain compliance with ever tightening consent standards.
Fluidyne filters remove suspended solids down to 10 microns and can be configured for flows ranging up to 250 litres/s per unit. The filters are provided as completely factory assembled freestanding modular stainless steel packages, additionally modules can be retrofitted into new or existing concrete basins. The packages are built offsite and delivered fully assembled requiring simply power and piping connections. The efficient installation and set up reduce costs and site health and safety risks.
Tertiary suspended solids and phosphorus removal are seen as key applications in the UK and Ireland, though the cloth filters have multiple potential uses both for municipal and industrial applications upstream and downstream of other treatment processes.
The Fluidyne distributorship “underlines the company’s commitment to excellent, robust and well-tested technologies that provide clients with cost-effective, reliable, best-in-class solutions that fully meet their specific requirements,” according to Jacopa. “Entering the tertiary market is a logical next step in the company’s mission to provide a full range of solutions to clients, and the FFP cloth filter brings a well-tested, widely acclaimed and much needed product to the UK and Ireland market.”
- Contractors announced for £60M Plymouth WTW project South West Water has announced the major contractors who will be designing and building a new £60M water treatment works... Read More >
- Water treatment technology helps hotels in water-stressed regions Advanced water treatment technology isn't just for large water treatment systems, hotels are also using advanced technology... Read More >
- Hydro supplies sand filters for Anglian's Watton WRC scheme Anglian Water's £3M investment to protect and improve water quality at Watton Water Recycling Centre and meet Water... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with… landfill leachate Liquid that oozes from landfills can be some of the most challenging of wastewaters to treat, but technology is now... Read More >
- Bringing historic Vartry up to date Veolia gets contract for new water treatment plant as Irish Water gives celebrated Vartry supply scheme first major... Read More >
- Jersey's shining sludge plant sets new standards When Jersey's Department for Infrastructure and Doosan Enpure had to replace Bellozanne sewage treatment works, they... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with… biological odour control Biological products represent an alternative solution to tackle odour issues in the wastewater and water treatment... Read More >
- Real-time data enables spot-on coagulant dosing The recent Water Industry Awards saw Severn Trent and Malvern Panalytical recognised for the development of the Online... Read More >