Itron installs millionth meter module
US metering manufacturer Itron is celebrating the installation of one million water meter communication modules in the UK and Ireland. The one millionth device was installed for Yorkshire Water as part of a contract to deploy automated meter reading (AMR) services for residential and commercial customers.
The installation of the millionth Itron communication module takes the number of customers in the Yorkshire water region with AMR services to close to 50%.
Tony O’Shea, metering and leakage manager, Yorkshire Water said, “We are delighted that Itron’s one millionth AMR module has been installed with Yorkshire Water. Their solutions and support services have been instrumental in helping us increase our operational efficiency and customer service levels.”
The Itron deployments are factory-fitted and programmed with the EverBlu AMR module, which the company says provides a seamless pathway for utilities to migrate from remote mobile reading to fixed network reading. Data around consumption, leakage and alarms help utilities remotely assess the performance of their networks and assets.
Joop Groeneveld, sales director, Netherlands, UK & Ireland for Itron said, “With this milestone, Yorkshire Water’s system represents the largest AMR deployment within the UK water and wastewater industry. Itron is immensely proud of this achievement and is pleased to be sharing it alongside Yorkshire Water.”
- Yorkshire Water plans £50M investment in IT Yorkshire Water has announced a £50M investment in IT over the next four to seven years in an attempt to increase... Read More >
- Amey wins £113M wastewater R + M deal at Yorkshire Water Services provider Amey has been selected to carry out Yorkshire Water's wastewater network repair and maintenance work.... Read More >
- As Finn resigns from Ofwat, will customers suffer? A specialist software firm has warned that the industry may lose its focus on the customer in the wake of Ofwat chief... Read More >
- Moving towards maintenance 4.0 Water utilities need to embrace smart asset management technologies but that is only part of the solution, writes Chris... Read More >
- A data-led approach to clearing FOG Water utilities have a major challenge working with local food businesses to prevent fats, oils and grease entering the... Read More >
- The robots aren't coming... they're already here Stantec lead design engineer Dan Causley looks at advances in technology and their role in boosting productivity in the... Read More >
- Opinion: A smarter way to read the water network Smart metering technology could be the key to closing water companies' knowledge gaps about usage in their network -... Read More >
- Smart thinking: The digital asset management revolution With many of the pieces now in place for a digital asset management revolution, AI and machine learning solutions are set... Read More >