Innovation hub planned for Scotland
The Scottish Government is backing an 'innovation hub' for Scotland, delegates to WWT's Water Scotland 2013 conference heard yesterday. Speaking to more than 130 delegates gathered in Glasgow, deputy director of climate change & water industry, Bob Irvine said water was a "key component of a low carbon economy and growth of trade".
He said it would give the developers on the supply side opportunities to test their products to show they work in Scottish Water’s public supply system.
“You can get some kind of certification and take that to international markets,” he said.
Irvine said he thought the centre, which is part of the Scottish Government’s multifaceted vision for a Hydro Nation, would be up and running by the start of the next financial year. According to spokesperson for the Scottish Government, the location would not be at a single site, but would offer access and services at different sites.
Water Scotland 2013 was sponsored by Veolia Water.
- Water could become a market commodity to tackle scarcity Fears about the future of the world's water resources has sparked intense debate on how to stimulate investment in the... Read More >
- Severn Trent Water spends £2M in new pipeline Morgan Sindall is to install a new two-and-a-half mile water pipeline between Perry Barr Reservoir and Barr Beacon... Read More >
- NI Water to start £10.2M water supply upgrade in Belfast A £10.2M package of work across Belfast to upgrade the water supply infrastructure has been announced by Regional... Read More >
- Opinion: A smarter way to read the water network Smart metering technology could be the key to closing water companies' knowledge gaps about usage in their network -... Read More >
- Smart thinking: The digital asset management revolution With many of the pieces now in place for a digital asset management revolution, AI and machine learning solutions are set... Read More >
- Meet the WIA Finalists: DfMA Project of the Year In the run-up to the Water Industry Awards, WWT is taking a close look at the companies and initiatives which have made... Read More >
- Meet the WIA Finalists: People Initiative of the Year In the run-up to the Water Industry Awards, WWT is taking a close look at the companies and initiatives which have made... Read More >
- Mesocosm research: Testing the waters An innovative facility consisting of 32 tanks is helping researchers in Lancaster understand how large bodies of water... Read More >