Innovation hub planned for Scotland
The Scottish Government is backing an 'innovation hub' for Scotland, delegates to WWT's Water Scotland 2013 conference heard yesterday. Speaking to more than 130 delegates gathered in Glasgow, deputy director of climate change & water industry, Bob Irvine said water was a "key component of a low carbon economy and growth of trade".
He said it would give the developers on the supply side opportunities to test their products to show they work in Scottish Water’s public supply system.
“You can get some kind of certification and take that to international markets,” he said.
Irvine said he thought the centre, which is part of the Scottish Government’s multifaceted vision for a Hydro Nation, would be up and running by the start of the next financial year. According to spokesperson for the Scottish Government, the location would not be at a single site, but would offer access and services at different sites.
Water Scotland 2013 was sponsored by Veolia Water.
- Closer ties and AI could help tackle flooding The impact and likelihood of floods could be reduced through closer ties between people living in areas prone to flooding... Read More >
- NI Water uses drone boat to inspect reservoirs Northern Ireland Water is to start using an unmanned drone boat to inspect the bottom of its reservoirs. Read More >
- Second ETV Innovation workshop from WRc Water research company WRc is hosting a workshop on the Environmental Technology Verification (ETV) scheme for innovative... Read More >
- Opinion: People and technology must work together The idea of People vs Tech is outdated: People + Tech is the way forward, write Simon Parker and Roger Williams Read More >
- Collaboration and demand-led approach key to innovation success An Enterprise Ireland water innovation seminar, hosted in Dublin in collaboration with Wet Networks (an Arup and WRc... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- Round Table: Smart Asset Management for Water Companies Smart asset management is expected to drive significant improvements in water companies' operations, but is the industry... Read More >
- The robots aren't coming... they’re already here Stantec lead design engineer Dan Causley looks at advances in technology and their role in boosting productivity in the... Read More >