Innovation hub planned for Scotland
The Scottish Government is backing an 'innovation hub' for Scotland, delegates to WWT's Water Scotland 2013 conference heard yesterday. Speaking to more than 130 delegates gathered in Glasgow, deputy director of climate change & water industry, Bob Irvine said water was a "key component of a low carbon economy and growth of trade".
He said it would give the developers on the supply side opportunities to test their products to show they work in Scottish Water’s public supply system.
“You can get some kind of certification and take that to international markets,” he said.
Irvine said he thought the centre, which is part of the Scottish Government’s multifaceted vision for a Hydro Nation, would be up and running by the start of the next financial year. According to spokesperson for the Scottish Government, the location would not be at a single site, but would offer access and services at different sites.
Water Scotland 2013 was sponsored by Veolia Water.
- WWT launches Inside Innovation webinar series New series invites innovation leaders to share breakthroughs and best practice Read More >
- Less than a week left to register for Ofwat webinar Readers have less than a week left to register for WWT's Cracking Innovation Together webinar, which is being run in... Read More >
- Barriers to innovation highlighted in survey A lack of infrastructure to fast-track ideas from inception to implementation is seen as the most significant obstacle to... Read More >
- Build Back Better and SMART Rich Matthews, managing director of Siltbuster Process Solutions, talks about being more strategic and thinking smarter in... Read More >
- What we learnt from WWT's net zero webathon The water industry has made the ambitious pledge to reach net zero carbon emissions by 2030, 20 years ahead of the... Read More >
- How new tech twists on legacy processes are helping turn the tide on water leaks Victoria Edwards, chief executive of FIDO Tech, talks about leakage and how the water sector's drive for innovation is... Read More >
- How to bake a connected water network Rik Gunderson, utility client director at Software AG, tells us how to "bake" a smart water network. Read More >
- Asset resilience will be one of the beneficiaries of PR19 Richard Broome, Managing Director at LSBUD talks about why Ofwat's PR19 could prove to be such a positive influence on... Read More >