Imtech and Affinity Water 'stand down' for health and safety
Imtech Water, Waste and Energy organised a ‘Stand Down' day recently at Affinity Water’s Rye Hill Water Treatment Works in Harlow to promote health and safety awareness in the workplace. Around 40 attendees from Affinity Water and Imtech attended the event.
Both site and office-based employees were invited to the day, which was supported by the Imtech team, Affinity Water and civil subcontractor Design Supply & Install. The event included hazard spotting on a 360° excavator, with a number of deliberate faults added to it, followed by a discussion on what can go wrong, and what to look out for when working around a plant and equipment.
The group also gained an appreciation of what is involved in maintaining and operating plant equipment. The stand down session also included an appreciation session on the use of Cable Avoidance Tools and a Signal Generator, as well as a number of other exercises.
Richard Hofton, Imtech’s new operations director, said: “I was very pleased to have the opportunity to take part in the day, and I was impressed with how seriously Imtech and Affinity Water take health and safety. It’s important that health and safety issues are kept front and centre in all work that we carry out, and this is equally important to employees based on site or in the office.”
- nmcn sees significant growth in half-year results nmcn has seen revenue grow by 14.1 per cent in its results for the six months ending 30 June 2019. Read More >
- nmcn wins place on Yorkshire Water framework nmcn has been awarded a place on Yorkshire Water's Permanent Access Fabrication framework. Read More >
- Yorkshire Water first in sector to eliminate chlorine gas Yorkshire Water has announced that has become the first company in the water sector to eliminate all ageing chlorine and... Read More >
- A glass half-full? Bringing water costs down for utility customers Mark Bullock, Balfour Beatty chief executive officer for rail and utilities, says the water sector must change its... Read More >
- INWED 2019: 'Each step was driven by choosing work I enjoy' To mark International Women in Engineering Day 2019 on 23 June, Fiona Barbour discusses her journey to becoming Mott... Read More >
- Interview: Kier Utilities' water MD Nigel Dyer Kier Utilities' Nigel Dyer tells Robin Hackett how the company is evolving to meet the changing demands on the water... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >