Ian Mellor named new Stonbury MD
Stonbury has named Ian Mellor as its new managing director.
Mellor, previously operations director, fills the role vacated by James Stonor, who this month starts his new position as chief executive officer for Stonbury Group.
Mellor has also appointed QSE manager Stephen Brown and operations manager Chris Challands to the board of directors.
Both Jon Featherstone and Jon Perryman remain in their current positions as delivery directors, with the additional appointment of new contracts directors Michael Campling, who has served Stonbury for over 25 years, and Vernon Cowan, who returns to the company after a 10-year sabbatical at Affinity Water.
Mellor said: “I am delighted to be appointed as new MD for Stonbury and will continue to progress James’ vision of a modern, diverse, professional and safe company to work in. I, of course, recognise the importance of a well thought-out system, which we will continue to improve upon as an organisation. This means we can continue to attract and retain great people, as, without them, there is no organisation at all.”
Stonbury is a specialist contractor to the water industry.
- Howard Boyd handed second term as Environment Agency chair Emma Howard Boyd has been reappointed as chair of the Environment Agency. Read More >
- AECOM names Southwell as civil infrastructure MD AECOM has appointed Mark Southwell as managing director of civil infrastructure for the UK and Ireland. Read More >
- Affinity Water appoints Walsh as new CEO Affinity Water has announced the appointment of Pauline Walsh as Chief Executive Officer. Read More >
- A glass half-full? Bringing water costs down for utility customers Mark Bullock, Balfour Beatty chief executive officer for rail and utilities, says the water sector must change its... Read More >
- INWED 2019: 'Each step was driven by choosing work I enjoy' To mark International Women in Engineering Day 2019 on 23 June, Fiona Barbour discusses her journey to becoming Mott... Read More >
- Interview: Kier Utilities' water MD Nigel Dyer Kier Utilities' Nigel Dyer tells Robin Hackett how the company is evolving to meet the changing demands on the water... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >