Ian Mellor named new Stonbury MD
Stonbury has named Ian Mellor as its new managing director.
Mellor, previously operations director, fills the role vacated by James Stonor, who this month starts his new position as chief executive officer for Stonbury Group.
Mellor has also appointed QSE manager Stephen Brown and operations manager Chris Challands to the board of directors.
Both Jon Featherstone and Jon Perryman remain in their current positions as delivery directors, with the additional appointment of new contracts directors Michael Campling, who has served Stonbury for over 25 years, and Vernon Cowan, who returns to the company after a 10-year sabbatical at Affinity Water.
Mellor said: “I am delighted to be appointed as new MD for Stonbury and will continue to progress James’ vision of a modern, diverse, professional and safe company to work in. I, of course, recognise the importance of a well thought-out system, which we will continue to improve upon as an organisation. This means we can continue to attract and retain great people, as, without them, there is no organisation at all.”
Stonbury is a specialist contractor to the water industry.
- SEPA begins search for new chair The Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) has started its hunt for a new chairman to replace David Sigsworth, who... Read More >
- Williams joins Stantec from Welsh Water Stantec has appointed Tim Williams as strategic growth & business development director for water. Read More >
- Lady Susan Rice appointed Chair of Scottish Water The Scottish Government has appointed Lady Susan Rice as the new Chair of the Board of Scottish Water, succeeding Ronnie... Read More >
- BIM: Managing Information Better NM Group has just earned verification from BSI for working at BIM level 2, but according to Gary Ross, Head of Digital... Read More >
- Jersey's shining sludge plant sets new standards When Jersey's Department for Infrastructure and Doosan Enpure had to replace Bellozanne sewage treatment works, they... Read More >
- Odour control: Galliford Try puts a lid on it The Galliford Try water team working for Southern Water is using an innovative cover system for two sludge consolidation... Read More >
- Workforce wellbeing: opening Pandora's Box Caring about the wellbeing of your workforce in the utilities sector requires maturity and tenacity, writes Lanes Group... Read More >
- Interview: Costain water sector director Maxine Mayhew Costain water sector director Maxine Mayhew discusses the company's shift towards smart infrastructure solutions and the... Read More >