Hydrok acquired by Eliquo Water Group
Water technology firm Hydrok has been acquired by German company Eliquo Water Group in a deal which will allow the pair to provide a complementary offering to the UK water sector.
The agreement signed by the two companies will see Hydrok become a 100% subsidiary of Eliquo Water Group, giving Hydrok access to the technology portfolio of Eliquo and allowing Eliquo to establish a presence in the UK municipal water and wastewater technology market. Following completion of the transaction, Hydrok will be renamed Eliquo Hydrok.
Hydrok’s technology portfolio includes solutions for water management, wastewater treatment, clean water treatment and surface water management with technologies such as CSO Screens, flow controls, Mecana tertiary filtration, Aerostrip high-efficiency aeration technology, IFAS Fixed Bed Media, MBR Bio Reactors and UV disinfection. Eliquo meanwhile offers proprietary biosolids and nutrient management technologies such as LysoTherm thermal hydrolysis technology, EloPhos phosphorus recovery and EloDry low-temperature drying equipment.
Dr. Reinhard Hübner, CEO of Eliquo Water Group, said: “While we have been active in business development in the UK for quite a while, so far we have lacked a local presence in this important market. With the acquisition of Hydrok, we can provide a superior service to those customers that are interested in our biosolids and nutrient management solutions and our proprietary technologies. Hydrok will of course continue to operate its current business and can now also leverage the wider Eliquo network to bring the best solutions available to its customers. We look forward to growing the business in the UK together with the excellent team at Hydrok who will all continue to work for the company.”
Dave Armstrong, Managing Director of Hydrok, added: “We are delighted to now be within the Eliquo group of companies and look forward to the expansion of the portfolio of solutions we are able to offer our UK customers. This new chapter in the history of our business shall bring growth and expansion enabling our business to attract larger and more complex projects with the strong financial support from within the group. Hydrok have always approached business with strong values and ethics which are reflected within Eliquo making this a perfect match for our future.“
- Costain JV selected by Southern Water as AMP7 partner Costain and its existing joint venture partner MWH Treatment have been selected by Southern Water to extend the AMP6... Read More >
- Tullich Water Treatment Works officially opens Scottish Water's £29 million Tullich Water Treatment Works in Oban has been officially opened by Argyll and Bute MSP... Read More >
- Thames Water fined for drinking water offences Thames Water has been fined £160,000 at Stratford Magistrates' Court for water quality offences which occurred at... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- In the frame for delivery: UKWIR CEO on Ofwat's innovation competition With Ofwat confirming plans for a £200 million innovation competition which will run between 2020 and 2025, UKWIR chief... Read More >
- A digital revolution in water The UK Water Partnership (UKWP) has launched a 10-point action plan to help ensure that UK plc wins its share of an... Read More >
- Industry 4.0 - how to build a digital twin Chris Steele, head of information management and analytics at Black & Veatch Europe, runs through the steps required to... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >