Hydro International acquires Hydro-Logic
Water solutions company Hydro International has entered into conditional agreements to acquire instrumentation and monitoring company Hydro-Logic.
Hydro-Logic, founded in 1985 by Managing Director Rod Hawnt, provides instrumentation and information systems for water environment monitoring applications, including data logging, telemetry and software. Its services include specialist hydrological and water resource management consultancy, using Hydro-Logic devices to collect and analyse real-world data and apply the findings to support planning decisions, optimise hydraulic and network design, increase water system efficiencies and reduce flood and pollution risk.
Hydro-Logic Ltd will be acquired for an initial nominal sum plus the assumption of debt of £429,000, plus an additional deferred consideration of 11.5% of sales incorporating the acquired intellectual property across the first three years. This additional consideration is capped at £2.0M. The business of Hydro-Logic Services LLP will be acquired for an initial amount of £916,000, plus an additional deferred consideration calculated on the profitability of the business across the first three years. This additional consideration is capped at £2.0 million.
Rod Hawnt and Colin Fenn, the Managing Director of Hydro-Logic Services, are staying with the business after the acquisition by Hydro International.
The two Hydro-Logic businesses generated £3.6M in revenues for the year ended 31 May 2015. The acquisitions are expected to complete on 8th March 2016.
Michael Jennings, Chief Executive of Hydro International plc, said: “This acquisition is an important strategic step in extending our core capabilities. Hydro-Logic’s technology, expertise and experience will broaden and deepen many aspects of our business. The new products and services that we can offer will give unprecedented insight into the design, installation and operation of water management products, saving money for customers, reducing risk and helping them to protect the environment.”
- Last chance to enter Water Industry Awards You have until midnight tonight to complete your entries for the Water Industry Awards 2020! Read More >
- Water Industry Awards open for entries Entries are now open for the Water Industry Awards 2020 - an event which celebrates and rewards outstanding achievement... Read More >
- New tech delivers operational cost reductions for Affinity A data technology designed to enhance existing telemetry and SCADA information systems has proved its worth during a... Read More >
- Moving towards maintenance 4.0 Water utilities need to embrace smart asset management technologies but that is only part of the solution, writes Chris... Read More >
- A data-led approach to clearing FOG Water utilities have a major challenge working with local food businesses to prevent fats, oils and grease entering the... Read More >
- The robots aren't coming... they're already here Stantec lead design engineer Dan Causley looks at advances in technology and their role in boosting productivity in the... Read More >
- Opinion: A smarter way to read the water network Smart metering technology could be the key to closing water companies' knowledge gaps about usage in their network -... Read More >
- Smart thinking: The digital asset management revolution With many of the pieces now in place for a digital asset management revolution, AI and machine learning solutions are set... Read More >