Helen Lederer to co-host 2018 Water Industry Awards
WWT and WET News are delighted to confirm that comedian, writer and actress Helen Lederer will co-host the 2018 Water Industry Awards.
WaterAid supporter Lederer is best known for her role as Catriona in Absolutely Fabulous as well as memorable appearances in The Young Ones, Bottom and French and Saunders.
The awards will be handed out at a glittering black-tie ceremony on Monday 21 May at the Vox, Birmingham.
The ceremony takes place on the eve of Utility Week Live, the showpiece annual exhibition for the utilities industry.
The awards are sponsored by the British Precast Drainage Association, Galliford Try, NM Group and Weholite, while CGI and Stonbury are associate sponsors.
This year sees a record number of entries resulting in 71 entries being shortlisted across 14 categories, with projects and initiatives from every corner of the UK featuring as water utilities, their contractors and suppliers put forward their most outstanding examples of their work.
“With a healthy number of entries this year and an extremely high standard, our judges had a very difficult time determining the shortlist for the Water Industry Awards and an even harder time picking the winners,” WWT and WET News editor James Brockett says.
“Our new categories provoked some especially intense debate; it’s clear that water utilities and contractors alike are carrying out a host of innovative projects at the moment as they prepare for further competition and reform in this essential industry. Join us on 21 May at the Vox in Birmingham to find out who has come out on top.”
For more information on the awards, including details of how to book your table, visit: https://waterindustryawards.co.uk/wia2018/en/page/home
- Balfour Beatty uses awards to benchmark customer service Balfour Beatty is to recognise outstanding customer service in its gas and water operations through the WOW! Awards, an... Read More >
- Water Industry Achievement Awards 2016: finalists announced Entries for this year's Water Industry Achievement Awards are in, and the judges have made their very difficult decisions.... Read More >
- Water Industry Awards shortlist revealed The shortlist has now been unveiled for the Water Industry Awards, the annual celebration of excellence in the water... Read More >
- Time to get smart Mike Strahand, a director of the Sensors for Water Interest Group and MD at Analytical Technologies Inc., says the... Read More >
- Embracing the digital measurement revolution for wastewater Developments in digital sensing technology have opened up new possibilities for wastewater, Julian Edwards, analytical... Read More >
- Wessex Water's bustling Marketplace, three months on Neil Wilson, Wessex Water's director of risk and investment, says the company's new innovation platform is attracting... Read More >
- Developing ideas: Thames Water's innovative sewer plan Thames Water is radically re-engineering an Oxfordshire market town's sewer network to help developers prepare for... Read More >
- A glass half-full? Bringing water costs down for utility customers Mark Bullock, Balfour Beatty chief executive officer for rail and utilities, says the water sector must change its... Read More >