Helen Lederer to co-host 2018 Water Industry Awards
WWT and WET News are delighted to confirm that comedian, writer and actress Helen Lederer will co-host the 2018 Water Industry Awards.
WaterAid supporter Lederer is best known for her role as Catriona in Absolutely Fabulous as well as memorable appearances in The Young Ones, Bottom and French and Saunders.
The awards will be handed out at a glittering black-tie ceremony on Monday 21 May at the Vox, Birmingham.
The ceremony takes place on the eve of Utility Week Live, the showpiece annual exhibition for the utilities industry.
The awards are sponsored by the British Precast Drainage Association, Galliford Try, NM Group and Weholite, while CGI and Stonbury are associate sponsors.
This year sees a record number of entries resulting in 71 entries being shortlisted across 14 categories, with projects and initiatives from every corner of the UK featuring as water utilities, their contractors and suppliers put forward their most outstanding examples of their work.
“With a healthy number of entries this year and an extremely high standard, our judges had a very difficult time determining the shortlist for the Water Industry Awards and an even harder time picking the winners,” WWT and WET News editor James Brockett says.
“Our new categories provoked some especially intense debate; it’s clear that water utilities and contractors alike are carrying out a host of innovative projects at the moment as they prepare for further competition and reform in this essential industry. Join us on 21 May at the Vox in Birmingham to find out who has come out on top.”
For more information on the awards, including details of how to book your table, visit: https://waterindustryawards.co.uk/wia2018/en/page/home
- Northumbrian Water Group's Heidi Mottram receives Yorkshire & North East Award The Institute of Directors (IoD) has announced the winners of its Yorkshire and North East Director of the Year Awards... Read More >
- Utility Week Live Online opens to visitors Utility Week Live Online - the virtual exhibition and conference from Utility Week's publisher Faversham House - has now... Read More >
- Water Industry Awards gear up to celebrate excellence WWT's Water Industry Awards are back to celebrate and reward the outstanding achievement and innovation in the UK water... Read More >
- NI Water: A climate emergency gamechanger NI Water has launched its plans to harness the unseen potential in hydrogen from water, to help address the climate... Read More >
- Making the future the present Harry Cowan, chief executive of Power and Water Ltd challenges water industry decision makers and the regulator to eschew... Read More >
- Water Innovation 2050: what next for the sector? Welcome to 2050. The Innovation 2050 document has been published, setting out the key principles of an innovation... Read More >
- Innovation could improve performance and transform water The Environment Agency's 2019 environmental performance report highlights some of the complex challenges facing water... Read More >
- Maximising water efficiency savings from smart meters and adapting to lockdown From 1 September, Thames Water will restart its award-winning programme of in-home water efficiency visits having used... Read More >