Gill joins Stantec UK as technical director
Urban drainage expert Elliot Gill has joined Stantec's consultancy business in the UK as technical director in support of its accelerated growth within the water sector.
Based in Stantec’s Bristol office, Gill is an experienced leader in water consultancy with a history of working with both water companies and regulators.
His skills span business development and strategy, product development, technical excellence, thought leadership and project delivery. He specialises in urban drainage and wastewater planning and the development of solutions to pollution and flooding in cities.
Prior to joining Stantec, Gill was a divisional director at Jacobs, providing technical direction to projects and business development activities in Europe and globally. Before this, he was the global practice leader for wet weather planning at CH2M, where he experienced the urban drainage challenges, solutions and technologies in cities including Chicago, Miami, New York, London, Buenos Aires and Toronto.
He is a chartered water and environment manager and a fellow of the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management. He is currently chair of CIWEM’s Urban Drainage Group, a network for developing good practices and supporting professionals working in urban drainage management.
On his appointment, Gill said: “I’m delighted to have joined Stantec, where I’ve been immediately impressed by the strength-in-depth, willingness to innovate and client focus of my new colleagues. Together I’m certain that we will continue to help our clients and their partners plan and deliver resilient communities through smarter and more sustainable water and wastewater services.”
Liz Chapman, design director for Stantec UK, said: “Elliot brings his strategic thinking and professional networking and communication skills to the business, which is all underpinned by his expertise in data analytics and modelling. He will contribute widely to developing the people and business opportunities that continue to make Stantec a leading technical consultancy both in the UK water sector and internationally.”
By viewing water as an integrated system, Stantec delivers solutions to conveyance, wet weather flow and urban stormwater, wastewater treatment, water treatment, and water resources projects that minimise cost and maximise the sustainability of the resource.
- Arup has plans for Cheddar Bristol Water has selected Arup as lead planning consultant as it takes its plans for a major new reservoir in Cheddar,... Read More >
- Kier sells Mouchel Consulting for £75M Kier Group has sold Mouchel Consulting to WSP Global for a total consideration of £75M, satisfied in cash, as it continues... Read More >
- B&V president - US ready to tackle asset management The US needs to emulate the UK and Australia in the way it tackles asset management, said Cindy Wallis-Lage, president of... Read More >
- Meet the WIA Finalists: Water Industry Contractor of the Year In the run-up to the Water Industry Awards, WWT is taking a close look at the companies and initiatives that have made the... Read More >
- MWH Treatment: Building on a legacy MWH Treatment is celebrating its past as well as looking to the future. WET News caught up with MD Paul Bresnan and... Read More >
- Meet the WIA Finalists: DfMA Project of the Year In the run-up to the Water Industry Awards, WWT is taking a close look at the companies and initiatives which have made... Read More >
- Networking skills: MUS helps Leeds to smarten up Morrison Utility Services has delivered a groundbreaking smart water network project in Leeds on behalf of Yorkshire Water Read More >
- Improving the outcomes-based approach to delivering infrastructure With busy periods approaching across a number of sectors, it is vital to ensure the right approach is in place, Stantec... Read More >