Giant coupling contracts are world's largest
Contracts to supply some of the largest couplings in the world to some of the largest desalination plants under construction have been won by Piedmont Pacific Corp, which was acquired by California-based H2O Innovation in December 2013. Piedmont specialises in the manufacture of flexible pipe couplings for corrosive environments.
The contracts it has won include desalination plants in Sorek in Israel, the US’s Carlsbad plant, Fujairah’s latest expansion (UAE) and Sadara in Saudi Arabia. H2O Innovation says it has worked to integrate the activities and operations of Piedmont within its group, including moving Piedmont’s office from Oakland to H2O’s office in Vista, California.
President and chief executive of H2O Innovation, Frédéric Dugré, said: “We believe that H2O Innovation’s expertise in membrane filtration combined with Piedmont’s unique products will enable our customers to benefit from a stronger technical support and assistance to the design of complex piping arrangements specific to desalination plants.”
- Yorkshire Water tenders £800m clean water contract Yorkshire Water is tendering five new lots as part of a £800 million clean water reactive R&M contract which it says will... Read More >
- Yorkshire Water to install record number of acoustic loggers Yorkshire Water has announced that it will invest £10 million to install a world-record number of acoustic loggers in its... Read More >
- Anglian Water partners with WaterStart Anglian Water has become the first water company in Europe to join US based, water innovation organisation, WaterStart. Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- Carrying out a pipeline assessment A look at how Anglian Water used pipeline assessment technology to determine the condition and remaining service life of a... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- Water pipelines - is there life after design life? Understanding the residual life of pipelines is crucial to making effective investment decisions, writes Guy Cleveland,... Read More >
- Safe handling: @One's pipe coil initiative When a member of the @One Alliance team suffered serious injuries while installing a section of coiled pipe, the company... Read More >