German delegation visit for Aerzen Machines
Aerzen Machines recently welcomed a delegation of fifteen German business leaders and the German Minister for European and Federal Affairs and Regional State Development, Birgit Hone, to its UK office to discuss the potential implications of Brexit.
With the UK’s exit from the European Union hanging in the balance and the next parliamentary vote on the withdrawal agreement set for March 12th, the German-owned manufacturer of blowers and compressors invited the distinguished visitors to its site in Loughton, Essex.
The group had spent the week in London meeting with Whitehall officials and this represented a chance to see for themselves the level of preparedness of a German subsidiary in the UK.
Matthew Morey, Managing Director of Aerzen Machines in the UK, talked about the impact seen to date on the business and the measures the company was taking to mitigate risk. Plans, he explained, were well thought through and included an increase in stock holding plus an understanding that import documentation would potentially increase – but in general no downturn in trade had been seen to date and in fact 2018 was the best in the company’s history for sales and profit. The company expects other changes and implications but the flexibility of the business is one of its greatest strengths and is prepared to deal with whatever implications are seen to ensure Aerzen retain their strong position in the UK and Irish markets.
- Asset resilience will be one of the beneficiaries of PR19 Richard Broome, Managing Director at LSBUD talks about why Ofwat's PR19 could prove to be such a positive influence on... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- Meeting AMP7 leakage targets Damian Crawford, head of smart networks & leakage at Stantec, discusses how becoming data-rich and knowledge-smart can... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- Delivering a smart network Tom Mills, senior director UK&I at Sensus, examines what a smart water network really means - and how to get there. Read More >