Galliford Try announced as sponsor for Water Industry Awards
Galliford Try has been announced as sponsor of the People Initiative of the Year category at the 2019 Water Industry Awards.
The construction company and major water industry contractor has joined nmcn (sponsoring the water company of the year category) and Weholite (DfMA project of the year) as category sponsors of the blue riband industry awards scheme.
The final submission deadline for entries to the awards is Wednesday 6 February at 12.30pm.
The awards – judged by an independent panel of industry experts – celebrate excellence in the sector, with the winners announced at a glittering black-tie dinner at Hilton Birmingham Metropole on 20 May 2019.
There are five new categories this time around, recognising consultants, water retailers, offsite manufacture, and water and wastewater innovation projects.
Anyone can enter, whether they be water utilities, water industry contractors, engineering firms, manufacturers, construction companies, water retailers, consultancies, product and service suppliers, water and sewerage companies, water wholesalers or organisations at other stages of the water industry supply chain.
The judges on this year’s panel are: Prof. John Bridgeman (University of Bradford), Nick Ellins (Energy & Utility Skills), Paul Hickey (Environment Agency), Chris Hoggart (Natural England), Martyn Hopkinson (Future Water Association), Steve Kaye (UKWIR), Karen Light (WRc), Lloyd Martin (British Water), Nicci Russell (Waterwise), Tony Smith (Consumer Council for Water), Dr. Ana Soares (Cranfield University) and Ceris Van de Vyver (Isle Utilities).
In addition to Galliford Try, nmcn and Weholite, CPM Group is on board as associate sponsor.
For full entry details, information on how to attend and for enquiries about sponsoring the awards, visit: https://waterindustryawards.co.uk
Full list of awards categories:
Alliancing and Partnership Initiative of the Year
Customer Service Initiative of the Year
Data Project of the Year
DfMA Project of the Year (sponsored by Weholite)
Drainage & Flood Management Initiative of the Year
Health & Safety Initiative of the Year
Most Innovative New Technology of the Year
People Initiative of the Year (sponsored by Galliford Try)
Resilience Initiative of the Year
Sustainability and Resource Recovery Initiative of the Year
Water Industry Consultant of the Year
Water Industry Contractor of the Year
Drinking Water Innovation Project of the Year
Wastewater Innovation Project of the Year
Water Retailer of the Year
Water Company of the Year (sponsored by nmcn)
- Last chance to enter Water Industry Awards You have until midnight tonight to complete your entries for the Water Industry Awards 2020! Read More >
- Water Industry Awards shortlist revealed The shortlist has been unveiled for the 2020 Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- Siltbuster supports Welsh Water's visitor centre overhaul Water treatment specialist Siltbuster Process Solutions has provided a temporary wastewater treatment solution for Welsh... Read More >
- A glass half-full? Bringing water costs down for utility customers Mark Bullock, Balfour Beatty chief executive officer for rail and utilities, says the water sector must change its... Read More >
- INWED 2019: 'Each step was driven by choosing work I enjoy' To mark International Women in Engineering Day 2019 on 23 June, Fiona Barbour discusses her journey to becoming Mott... Read More >
- Interview: Kier Utilities' water MD Nigel Dyer Kier Utilities' Nigel Dyer tells Robin Hackett how the company is evolving to meet the changing demands on the water... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >