Galliford Try announced as sponsor for Water Industry Awards
Galliford Try has been announced as sponsor of the People Initiative of the Year category at the 2019 Water Industry Awards.
The construction company and major water industry contractor has joined nmcn (sponsoring the water company of the year category) and Weholite (DfMA project of the year) as category sponsors of the blue riband industry awards scheme.
The final submission deadline for entries to the awards is Wednesday 6 February at 12.30pm.
The awards – judged by an independent panel of industry experts – celebrate excellence in the sector, with the winners announced at a glittering black-tie dinner at Hilton Birmingham Metropole on 20 May 2019.
There are five new categories this time around, recognising consultants, water retailers, offsite manufacture, and water and wastewater innovation projects.
Anyone can enter, whether they be water utilities, water industry contractors, engineering firms, manufacturers, construction companies, water retailers, consultancies, product and service suppliers, water and sewerage companies, water wholesalers or organisations at other stages of the water industry supply chain.
The judges on this year’s panel are: Prof. John Bridgeman (University of Bradford), Nick Ellins (Energy & Utility Skills), Paul Hickey (Environment Agency), Chris Hoggart (Natural England), Martyn Hopkinson (Future Water Association), Steve Kaye (UKWIR), Karen Light (WRc), Lloyd Martin (British Water), Nicci Russell (Waterwise), Tony Smith (Consumer Council for Water), Dr. Ana Soares (Cranfield University) and Ceris Van de Vyver (Isle Utilities).
In addition to Galliford Try, nmcn and Weholite, CPM Group is on board as associate sponsor.
For full entry details, information on how to attend and for enquiries about sponsoring the awards, visit: https://waterindustryawards.co.uk
Full list of awards categories:
Alliancing and Partnership Initiative of the Year
Customer Service Initiative of the Year
Data Project of the Year
DfMA Project of the Year (sponsored by Weholite)
Drainage & Flood Management Initiative of the Year
Health & Safety Initiative of the Year
Most Innovative New Technology of the Year
People Initiative of the Year (sponsored by Galliford Try)
Resilience Initiative of the Year
Sustainability and Resource Recovery Initiative of the Year
Water Industry Consultant of the Year
Water Industry Contractor of the Year
Drinking Water Innovation Project of the Year
Wastewater Innovation Project of the Year
Water Retailer of the Year
Water Company of the Year (sponsored by nmcn)
- Costain and May Gurney announce merger plans Costain Group and May Gurney Integrated Services have announced they are planning a £178m merger. The development comes... Read More >
- Paid-for internships available on London's 'super sewer' Tideway and its delivery partners are offering paid-for internships to encourage professionals who have taken a voluntary... Read More >
- Northumbrian awards contract for £46M Horsley WTW upgrade Northumbrian Water has awarded the contract for a major upgrade of its Horsley Water Treatment Works. Read More >
- Meet the WIA Finalists: Water Industry Contractor of the Year In the run-up to the Water Industry Awards, WWT is taking a close look at the companies and initiatives that have made the... Read More >
- MWH Treatment: Building on a legacy MWH Treatment is celebrating its past as well as looking to the future. WET News caught up with MD Paul Bresnan and... Read More >
- Meet the WIA Finalists: DfMA Project of the Year In the run-up to the Water Industry Awards, WWT is taking a close look at the companies and initiatives which have made... Read More >
- Networking skills: MUS helps Leeds to smarten up Morrison Utility Services has delivered a groundbreaking smart water network project in Leeds on behalf of Yorkshire Water Read More >
- Improving the outcomes-based approach to delivering infrastructure With busy periods approaching across a number of sectors, it is vital to ensure the right approach is in place, Stantec... Read More >