Free webinar: Effective data integration
Water companies face tough challenges ahead. Water availability and quality, the health of the environment and decarbonisation of their operations are all areas that the industry is trying to navigate - and improve performance. At the same time, the need to ensure water and waste water services remain affordable means that cost pressures are growing.
For water companies to meet these challenges, they will need confidence that they are using their assets to the maximum. They will need to harness the many strands of data at their disposal to help predict performance. It will be essential to integrate traditional assets with the sophisticated analytics capabilities that come with modern machine learning and the Internet of Things.
The Internet of Things creates new opportunities to gain insight in order to help companies react faster, better and with less expense. But IoT does not operate in a vacuum, it needs integration. Gartner states that 50 per cent of the cost of an IoT project is actually in integrating the data to ensure it has value - and can be rapidly, safely and securely shared with the people, systems and applications that would benefit from it.
This Software AG webinar, in association with WWT, will examine how utility companies can improve their performance (for example by making ageing assets ageless) by implementing a data integration strategy that understands ‘context’ to create a genuinely Smart Water Network.
Speakers from Software AG, product manager Dave Pemberton and IoT specialist Nigel Harley, will discuss how - by integrating and analysing data quicker and more effectively - water companies will be able to:
· Use remote monitoring and visual self-service analytics for predictive performance
· Make better use of data to tackle water leakage and supply disruption
· Sweat their assets by integrating devices and sensors to consider both existing assets and new assets in a vendor neutral way
· Better serve customers, regulators and other stakeholders through transparent sharing of water related data
We would be delighted if you could join WWT and Software AG:
June 4 at 2.15 -3:00 pm
To register go to https://wwtonline.co.uk/webinars/effective-data-integration
- Anglian, SES and Welsh Water hold virtual hackathon Anglian Water, SES and Welsh Water last week held the very first collaborative virtual event bringing together experience... Read More >
- Water companies unite for virtual hackathon Anglian Water, SES and Welsh Water are joining forces to hold a virtual online data hack over two weeks to make steps in... Read More >
- Siltbuster trials treating raw water supply Siltbuster Process Solutions (SPS) has provided equipment for a special trial project that sees one of its lamella... Read More >
- Making the future the present Harry Cowan, chief executive of Power and Water Ltd challenges water industry decision makers and the regulator to eschew... Read More >
- Water Innovation 2050: what next for the sector? Welcome to 2050. The Innovation 2050 document has been published, setting out the key principles of an innovation... Read More >
- Innovation could improve performance and transform water The Environment Agency's 2019 environmental performance report highlights some of the complex challenges facing water... Read More >
- Maximising water efficiency savings from smart meters and adapting to lockdown From 1 September, Thames Water will restart its award-winning programme of in-home water efficiency visits having used... Read More >
- UKWP releases Digital Water whitepaper and call to action UKWP identifies next steps to help UK plc win its share of $30 billion digital revolution in water Read More >