FLI Water secures Thames Water filtration deal
FLI Water has been awarded a contract from Thames Water for the supply of filtration equipment and maintenance.
The contract is potentially worth around £2.5M over a five-year period and will see the company work closely with all the members of Thames’s eight2O alliance.
The deal focuses on the supply of modular Submerged Aerated Filters (SAFs), and both integral and concrete cell Nitrifying Submerged Aerated Filters (nSAFs). FLI Water was successful following an intensive tender process in which it was deemed the most economically advantageous on award criteria including health and safety, value for money, innovation, collaboration and sustainability.
Duncan Wildgoose, Business Development Director at FLI Water, said: “We are thrilled to have been awarded this contract with Thames Water. The award criteria included many areas that are central to our own company values. The water industry is constantly evolving and the need to find the most sustainable and innovative solutions is vital. We are looking forward to working with Thames Water and Eight2O to deliver the best result for its customer.”
- Boris Johnson 'seriously worried' over Thames 'supersewer' costs Bill increases for Thames Water customers in order to fund the Thames Tideway Tunnel will be 'incredibly high', a... Read More >
- Three consultancies appointed on Tideway 'super sewer' scheme Tideway has selected three companies - Arcadis, Turner & Townsend and Gardiner & Theobold (G&T) - to provide... Read More >
- Thames Water to be grilled by London Assembly Thames Water will face the London Assembly's Environment Committee at City Hall tomorrow (February 4) to answer questions... Read More >
- Interview: New Clancy Docwra CEO Matt Cannon Former rugby union professional Matt Cannon wants to ensure water companies recognise the full value Clancy Docwra can... Read More >
- Delivering innovation for PR19 Innovation will be the key to meeting many water sector goals after PR19, and many potential technological solutions are... Read More >
- Moving towards greener resilience Nature-based solutions can help us to see the big picture when building in system resilience, writes Dr Jonathan Simm,... Read More >
- Reservoir renewal: Severn Trent's Ambergate project Laing O'Rourke and nmcn (formerly NMCNomenca) this year completed work on Severn Trent’s £43 million project to replace... Read More >
- Interview: Atkins' Daressa Frodsham Atkins' new head of UK water, Daressa Frodsham, tells Robin Hackett that the company has what it takes to tackle the huge... Read More >