Fisher German awarded Anglian Water pipeline contract
Fisher German has won a contract to act as land agents on one of the largest strategic water infrastructure projects in the UK, following a competitive tender process.
The firm will deliver land agency services to Anglian’s multi-billion-pound totex programme, a key element of which will deliver 500km of new and replacement pipeline throughout the region over the next seven years.
The new pipework will enable the water company to move water more freely around the region from areas of water surplus to the east of England where it is less readily available.
Fisher German will work closely with the construction and engineering firms from Anglian’s Strategic Pipeline Alliance delivering the pipelines.
In addition, support will be provided to the water company’s @One Alliance, made up of consultants, contractors, and other stakeholders, on substantial work planned in the maintenance and reinforcement of its distribution network and operational sites for water management and treatment.
Under the framework, the water company will also have at its disposal Fisher German’s wide range of expertise in planning, valuations, land and property appraisals, dilapidations, rent reviews, acquisitions and disposals and specialist estate management where required.
The Anglian Water contact will be delivered by a project team of 20 people based across Fisher German’s Newark, Bedford, Canterbury, East Midlands, Banbury and Stafford offices.
Fisher German partner and head of water George Simpson said: “We are extremely pleased to be selected as one of two primary suppliers for Anglian Water.
“They are very innovative in terms of the way that they work with their alliance partners and deliver services to their customers, so we are very excited to be working with them.
“We will be supporting their teams in laying the new and replacement pipeline as well as advising on a large number of other projects in the Anglian region.
“The project will be the largest water infrastructure programme seen for a generation and is a fantastic example of how Fisher German’s office network and broad range of expertise can service national contracts of this size.
“We will be using a collaborative approach, working closely with partners, stakeholders and Anglian Water customers, to help deliver what is a hugely important infrastructure project which will secure water supplies to the east of England for future generations.”
- Northumbrian Water extends AI-based roadside asset mapping pilot Northumbrian Water is to partner with Anglian Water to use new technology to map roadside assets in Essex. Read More >
- Rising main monitoring programme leads to savings for Anglian Syrinix has carried out a programme of pressure monitoring on behalf of Anglian Water, giving the water company the... Read More >
- Kier reappointed to NSA Framework Kier has been successfully reappointed to the Network Services Alliance (NSA) Framework by South West Water. Read More >
- Innovation could improve performance and transform water The Environment Agency's 2019 environmental performance report highlights some of the complex challenges facing water... Read More >
- Tightening phosphorus levels on ever tightening budgets How can low concentrations be met in practice within the financial constraints in AMP7, Simon Radford looks ahead to where... Read More >
- Day Zero: Waking up to water scarcity David Hartwell of Creative EC, explains why Day Zero might be closer than we think and how water event metering could help... Read More >
- 'There's a Hole in my Bucket, dear Boris, dear Boris' David McNeice, Director in DWF's Water practice, analyses the Public Accounts Committee's report on the outlook of... Read More >
- Maximising water efficiency savings from smart meters and adapting to lockdown From 1 September, Thames Water will restart its award-winning programme of in-home water efficiency visits having used... Read More >